10125Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Marks of the True Church

  • A Mighty Fortress
    Jun 16, 2004
      Thank you. I already have the covenanter paper (I down loaded the website in a CD). I shall read the paper posted in the Canadian site.

      I wonder why and how could it be that divers churches coming up of the Reformation came to have such a differences. I already am aware that following Luther's death there where many hands in the dish, and I have some proofs about Luther's writings altered, here and there. In fact the writers of the Formula of Concord betrayed Luther's doctrine settled in Bondage of Will, turning back to semi-agustinianism/semi-pelagianism.
      Later on post Luther's Lutherans abandoned the Formula as well, adopting a theology curiously similar to that of the damned Arminians.

      We know that we are living in perilous times and that worse days are at hand. As a Christian, I hope all true believers may be able to go on with efforts for join in the Word.

      May the Lord bless you.

      In His service,

      Pastor Enrique Ivaldi.

      PS. I ponder as a privilege to share in this group.

      gmw <raging.calvinist@...> wrote:
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, A Mighty Fortress
      <edftepregon@y...> wrote:

      Thank you for your irenic and informative response to the article I
      posted.  You may or may not be aware, that Covenanters are "Divine
      Right Presbyterians."  That is, we believe that Christ, the Head of
      the Church, has indeed instructed by His Word how the visable Church
      is to be governed, and because this is true, we are not permitted to
      alter that government without usurping Christ's authority.  Perhaps
      the best brief statement regarding Church government that has ever
      been penned by mere humans is the Preface of Westminster's Form of
      Presbyterial Church Government:

      "JESUS CHRIST, upon whose shoulders the government is, whose name is
      called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father,
      The Prince of Peace; of the increase of whose government and peace
      there shall be no end; who sits upon the throne of David, and upon his
      kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and justice,
      from henceforth, even for ever; having all power given unto him in
      heaven and in earth by the Father, who raised him from the dead, and
      set him at his own right hand, far above all principalities and power,
      and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in
      this world, but also in that which is to come, and put all things
      under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the
      church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all:
      he being ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all
      things, received gifts for his church, and gave officers necessary for
      the edification of his church, and perfecting of his saints."

      Following this statement is a description of such government, gifts,
      and officers necessary for the edification of His Church and for the
      perfecting of the saints.  It can be read here:
      http://www.covenanter.org/Westminster/formofpresbygov.htm

      A defense of divine right presbyterianism is found here:
      http://www3.sympatico.ca/d.d.s/divineright.html

      Thanks again, for your participation in this group!