10033Request for help

  • deckhoff2001
    May 6, 2004
      <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
      > Instead of wasting my time reading false doctrine, I was blessed
      and comforted and strengthened in the truth.

      > Too many people have been pulled away from the truth by
      > entertaining "debates" when they are not called by God thereunto.

      Dear Christian Friends,

      I am new to the forum. The above words touched me so much but also
      caused some consternation. I am a cradle Roman Catholic. For now just
      let me say I believe God is calling me to (for lack of a better word)
      a different kind of worship. I have looked at eastern orthodox,
      episcopal, baptist, and lutheran worship but every time I feel I may
      have found a home that is pleasing to God the guilt of leaving my
      birth church and the fear of offending God overwhelms me and I cannot
      move. How does one 'know' that they are truly moving toward the truth
      and not actually being pulled away from it...conversion sure isn't
      easy. Thank you for any advice you may be able to offer. I am glad to
      have found you.

      Warm regards,
      "Henry"
      NY