Lock up your belfries

  • John Gwynne
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2013
      Dear all

      Please can we make as many ringers, tower correspondents and Guild members as possible aware of this news.

      The tower at Warwick St Nicholas was burgled during Thursday night / Friday morning last; and I've learnt that the same has happened at Wellesbourne and Moreton in Marsh, and I believe Alveston, Alderminster, Burton Dassett and possibly Mickleton too.

      Our loss was not great: £20 or so from the donations pot but Wellesbourne lost more.  Mode of entry was crude - lock forced - but otherwise it was a very tidy job with no mess at all.  I did not think our ringing room had been entered until we noticed the money pot was empty on Saturday morning.

      The message seems to be: improve your security if you can, but above all leave no money on the premises.

      Thanks

      John Gwynne
      Warwick