Avon Dassett Open Day

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 12:07 AM
      A big thank you to everyone who supported this day it was a great success and raised appx. £1465.

      I shall be making the following payments over the next few days.

                      Graham Nabb for money owed for repairs £300
                      Coventry Guild of Bellringers CCT Maintenance fund £665
                      Coventry Guild of Bellringers Bell restoration Fund £250
                      Churches Conservation Trust £250

      There may be a little extra to pass on over the next few days..

      In addition all profits from the food at Avon Dassett ( and wasn't it good!!) will go to the Churches Conservation Trust who have spent a huge amount of money restoring the building.

      I am sorry there was a little wheel slippage ( fortunately it only affected only 6 of the 28 or more bands that rang) - I have a bit of tinkering to do to correct that - but it was only the second time they have been rung after all the work.

      Ettington ringing raised £205 which will go a long way to clear the shortfall on the cost of repair work there.

      Can I publicly thank the stewards without who's support they day could not happen and of course all those who allowed their bells to be available for this event.

      Stars of the day were Harvey Innocent (Offchurch) and Becky Hawkins (Kineton), part of the Kids in Charge group, who notched up a tower total of 21 during the day which must have quadrupled their previous tower total. And they still had energy and enthusiasm at the last tower!  Perhaps their driver Hazel Taylor should get the prize!

      It was also good to see John Allen from Lichfield at Avon Dassett finally ringing on the bells he tried to remove 30 years ago!!!!