Replying to Messages

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
      Please note that if you reply to a message that is sent to you from this list your message goes to all 65 people that are subscribed to it.

      Experience shows that receiving messages that do not relate to the recipient reduces the chances of that person taking an active part in a Yahoogroup and can even mean that they leave it altogether.

      If your response is meant to reach only one person please email directly to that person and not to the whole list.

      Thank you

      Mike
    • Jo Langford
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
        Replying to Messages hear hear! I was starting to get pretty tired of all the brief messages which had nothing to do with me and felt occasionally uncomfortable to read them! I think some people just hit “reply all” without realising what it does....

        see you Wednesday for meeting. Thanks again for such a superb course on Saturday. I can’t wait to get the KES Stratford group by the shoulders and shake them up! More likely, I’ll just start a little remedial work on Max’s handling.

        Jo
      • Graham Hayward
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
          > hear hear! I was starting to get pretty tired of all the brief messages which had nothing to do with me and felt occasionally uncomfortable to read them! I think some people just hit “reply all” without realising >
          > see you Wednesday for meeting. Thanks again for such a superb course on Saturday. I can’t wait to get the KES Stratford group by the shoulders and shake them up! More likely, I’ll just start a little remedial work on Max’s handling.

          Oh, the irony... Presumably the second paragraph wasn't meant for the *entire list*? Did you hit "reply" without realising?
          (This goes for the rest you doing the same. When you press reply, edit the "to" address so that it only goes to ONE PERSON. It's tiresome reading a dozen replies all saying "yes, I can help.")
          Send us your Hotmail stories and be featured in our newsletter
          http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/
        • auk_phsbh
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
            --- In covdg@yahoogroups.com, Graham Hayward <doublehandler@...> wrote:

            > (This goes for the rest you doing the same. When you press reply, edit the "to" address so that it only goes to ONE PERSON. It's tiresome reading a dozen replies all saying "yes, I can help.")

            Might it not be useful to know what sort of response has been

            obtained as it might well affect your own response.
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
              > Might it not be useful to know what sort of response has been obtained as it might well affect your own response.

              No! Please don't do it - make contact directly with the person concerned and say that you might be available if he/she is really stuck - or just ask them if they still need help.

              I have had several emails off-list agreeing with what I said. It only takes a few seconds to ensure 60-odd people are not "upset" at receiving what to them is little better than spam.

              Please think of others when you are sending messages.

              Mike
            • Geoffsreeves@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
                Hear Hear