Wedding Fees

  • Ian Maycock
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 18, 2008
      At Cubbington we have a query on what is an appropriate amount to charge. I would be interested to know what other churches charge and what the ringers receive, if different. Also whether ringing is both before and after or just after.
      Thanks,
      Ian
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 18, 2008
        Kineton is before and after and the ringers get £10  I don't think the church adds anything.

        At Worcester cathedral it went up to about £350 with most going into the ringers fund -doubled if videoed!!  it was linked to a lay clerk so each ringer got the same!!

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 18, 2008
          I think that £10 is a reasonable minimum. perhaps it should be higher.
          It is a major time commitment for ringers
          Ringing both before and afterwards should command a premium
          Some towers are now ringing before only.
          This gives the ringers a better time slot
          and avoids the usual late start habit.
          How many people have paid for a modern full wedding lately?
          The total Church charge is peanuts.
          It is always possible for the Church authorities to waive fees by agreement for any "deserving cases"

          Ian T
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 18, 2008
            At Wellesbourne we charge £80.00  with £10.00 going to six ringers and £20.00 for our Christmas tower dinner.
            Peter
            On 18 Dec 2008, at 12:01, Ian Maycock wrote:

            At Cubbington we have a query on what is an appropriate amount to charge. I would be interested to know what other churches charge and what the ringers receive, if different. Also whether ringing is both before and after or just after.
            Thanks,
            Ian

          • nandagunn
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 18, 2008
              Re: [covdg] Wedding Fees
              Can I just add that at Kineton £10 for each rope and £20 for the tower fund.

              On 18/12/08 12:21, "Graham Nabb" <graham@...> wrote:

              Kineton is before and after and the ringers get £10  I don't think the church adds anything.

              At Worcester cathedral it went up to about £350 with most going into the ringers fund -doubled if videoed!!  it was linked to a lay clerk so each ringer got the same!!

              At Cubbington we have a query on what is an appropriate amount to charge. I would be interested to know what other churches charge and what the ringers receive, if different. Also whether ringing is both before and after or just after.
              Thanks,
              Ian

            • Geoff Randall
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 18, 2008
                At Warwick the current charge for ringing 6 bells at either St Mary's or St Nicholas' is £150; this was last increased from 1 January 2008 and will held for 2009, at least. Of this £15 is paid to each ringer and the balance of £60 goes into our tower funds, from which we meet costs of rope replacement, clapper repairs etc. We only ring after weddings.

                At Cubbington we have a query on what is an appropriate amount to charge. I would be interested to know what other churches charge and what the ringers receive, if different. Also whether ringing is both before and after or just after.
                Thanks,
                Ian

              • Tom Houghton
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 18, 2008
                  Hi Ian The fee for ringing has just been increased this year to £60 We only ring after the wedding . All the fee is passed onto the ringers . We would only ring on 6 bells for a wedding Tom

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 29, 2008
                    Many thanks to those who took the trouble to reply to my query. Hope you found the answers as interesting as I did.
                    Ian
                  • rtaulbut@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009
                      Hello Ian,

                      At Lillington we charge £75 for ringing afterwards only - £10 each for six ringers plus £15 for the rope fund. They usually get about 20 minutes ringing, regardless of how late they are. We last raised the fee in 2007, and I don't suppose we'll raise it again for a year or two.

                      Happy New Year,
                      Richard