VAT amendments in LPW scheme from 1/10/2013

  • John Gwynne
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2013
      Simon Adams informs me that there have been changes to the listed places of worship scheme (LPW) which make provision for claiming back VAT on a variety of works including those to bells and even bell ropes as well as clocks and organs:

      "Government has announced changes to the scope and operation of the Listed Places of Worship grant scheme, which will take effect from 1 October 2013. These changes will enable more listed places of worship to claim for grants through the scheme.

      From 1 October 2013, works to pipe organs, turret clocks, bells and bell ropes will be eligible for claims under the scheme. Professional services directly related to eligible building work such as architect fees will also become eligible. These changes apply to works supplied from 1 October 2013."

      Cheers

      John