newbie

  • FirstLady1195@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2002
      Hi, and thank you for including me in your forum!
    • lysa_white
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2002
        Oops--I thought I was just sending an email, not a post. ha I just
        wanted to introduce myself and solicit your input :) I recently
        left "corporate America" (after doing time as a legal secretary for 8
        years) because the hectic pace was wrecking my family life. I felt
        like I was being pulled in too many different directions and was very
        dissatisfied with my job. My husband said I was miserable to be
        around, and as a mom, I felt like I was just there to feed, bathe and
        take my 2 kids to school. And we all know that when mama's not happy,
        NOBODY'S happy! So here I am at home, about to go to work for a
        wonderful court reporter who is training me to do scoping for her.

        I'm also interested in working as a proofreader. Any helpful tips
        for "breaking" into this area and rates to charge would be most
        appreciated!
        Have a great day :)
        Lysa