Looking for scopists

  • CourtReprtr66@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2004
      Hi all,

      My career looks as if it's about to start to take off and I am beginning to
      set myself up with transcriptionists/scopists. Please email me at the above
      address with your information and fees.

      Thank you,

      Karen

    • Brett King
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2004
        Hi there. I use Eclipse software, bought last year.
        I've been a scopist for about 2 years now. I work as
        a scopist part-time now. I am a paralegal, who took a
        few courses in court reporting. Not sure how familiar
        you are w/ Eclipse, but I can usually work on
        documents from other software like Case Catalyst, so
        long as it's sent to me via RTF. I can download audio
        from the internet, so you don't have to worry w/ tapes
        being sent to me.

        I charge $.85/pg and expect payment within 7 days from
        date of sending to you. Let me know if I can ever
        help you. Have a wonderful day.

        Claire King
        Oxford, MS 38655
        --- CourtReprtr66@... wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > My career looks as if it's about to start to take
        > off and I am beginning to
        > set myself up with transcriptionists/scopists.
        > Please email me at the above
        > address with your information and fees.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Karen

        > removed]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Brenda
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2004
          Hi, Karen.

          I have been a scopist for eight years now. I use Case CATalyst 4.19 to scope, and I use Word Perfect or Microsoft Word to transcribe. I have the ability to download large audio files, either digital audio or audiosync. I play back my audio files via Express Scribe. I also transcribe from audio tape via multispeed transcriber and also four-track transcriber. My page rates are as follows:

          SCOPING
          without sporadic full videotape
          audio audio audio

          General: .80 .85 .90 1.10
          Med/tech .90 .95 1.00 1.20
          Expedite 1.25 1.30 1.35 1.55
          Daily 1.50 1.55 1.60 1.80

          TRANSCRIPTION

          General 2.00
          Med/tech 2.50

          I'm not sure by your e-mail what type of business you have. Are you a court reporter? Are you starting a firm? Are you looking for full-time employees?

          Please let me know if I can be of service to you. I will furnish references if you would like.

          Thank you.

          Brenda Seeger
          Treasure Valley Transcription Services
          208-461-5221