New member

  • rainlady882002
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2003
      Hey everyone,
      Just found this group today. I'm not a court reporter, but I DO think that they have the most difficult and stressful job in the courtroom. I'm a Law and Order fan from way back and I always check out where the court reporter is.

      I have no idea what a scopist is, unless it's that machine I've seen cour reports have that they talk into.

      I sure hope I can remain in this group because I have lots of questions concerning how they do what they do and so on. But if one has to be one to be a member, I'll understand.
      Court reports rock!!
      Molly
    • Michele Tyndall
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24, 2003
        I am just learning court reporting and finding it the most challenging thing I have ever attempted to learn in my life. I was always a scholastic person, school was very easy for me growing up. But This! This is hard! You should get into it if you are fascinated with it.
        Court reporters in CA make GREAT money, and probably elsewhere across the US.
        You can do it full time in about 2 years (they say) and at nights, like me if you work full time, you can do it in (supposedly) 4 years. Some people take up to 10 years but I refuse to let that be the case with me.
        Don't put it off if you plan to do it. But be sure you want it.
        Good luck in whatever you do.
        (PS) You don't have to be a court reporter I don't believe to paraticipate in the site.

        rainlady882002 <rainlady882002@...> wrote:
        Hey everyone,
        Just found this group today. I'm not a court reporter, but I DO think that they have the most difficult and stressful job in the courtroom. I'm a Law and Order fan from way back and I always check out where the court reporter is.

        I have no idea what a scopist is, unless it's that machine I've seen cour reports have that they talk into.

        I sure hope I can remain in this group because I have lots of questions concerning how they do what they do and so on. But if one has to be one to be a member, I'll understand.
        Court reports rock!!
        Molly

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Alicia Contic
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 13, 2008
          Hi everyone. I just found this Yahoo group and thought I'd join. I'm
          a scopist/proofreader on Case CATalyst 3 & 4. I also have a Yahoo
          group for scopists, proofreaders, transcriptionists and reporters at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScopingBuddies/. I think this is a great
          way to get to know others, and you can learn so much. What a great
          support system!

          Thanks for allowing me to join your group. :)

          Alicia