Re: [Couples seeking to adopt] Stop looking at JUST a baby

  • jschroed02
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 2, 2003
      Then I must say you have never been around scared pregnant young
      women. They are terrified, and no, some of them don't know the
      details of adoption. For those who have never been able to raise a
      baby, give them that option. There is nothing more precious than
      watching a baby's smile, first steps, and first words. I have seen
      those happen, and am willing to again if that's the age of child that
      falls into our laps. I take what I get. Not everyone wants to because
      they want to raise a baby and feel that unconditional love. Give them
      a break. You have 3 kids right? Would you have given them away for 5
      years and then started with them? What would you have done without
      them? There are people out there having babies that shouldn't. And
      you should give credit to the people who are willing to raise them so
      they aren't killed, abused, or put in an orphanage with a billion
      other kids. Give them a CHANCE!
    • Chris Buck
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
        This is all well and good. But a couple should not have a choice in ages. If they get a baby, great if not, then take what you get and love it UNCONDITIONALLY>
        Children are capable of love at all ages. Some are more work than others. Some have been terrorized and made to do unspeakable things. These are the kids the yuppies dont want. Well, then I say too bad. It would have been nice for them to have a nice home and an extended new family, again I do believe in adoption of babies. Of course I do. But no chid should feel unwanted or un-adoptable. You dont see the pain I see. Ok. If you did anyone would feel sick to their stomach about it too. I wish people would stop having babies too so some of these kids could find a home first.
        I am assuming your statement about some women should not be having babies. I hope you dont mean that women who are not married should not be having babies. I know many people would like to see newborns ripped from their mother, just because they have no partner. I was one. I had no husband,. my boyfriend left me 8 months pregnant with our 3rd child. I was in love and could not force him to marry me. So, I kept my baby anyway. No one can steal anyone elses child or fertility. Now I have a great husband who loves me and my kids. So, if I would have given one or two away then, I would be missing them so bad now that I am stable. I would kill myself if I had to live without my kids. I could not live with myself knowing my child is with people that it has no real blood ties to . Some adoptee's are not out for love, some need an heir or a pawn in their marrage. Not everyone deserves children. And God knows that.

        jschroed02 <jahschroeder@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Shawn
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
          Does anyone else notice this person posts their
          messages under different user ids (Missmatched72,
          Kristal, Chris Buck), but the same e-mail address?
          What is up with that? Maybe Missmatched72 or Kristal
          or Chris Buck or whatever their name is, is a member
          of an anti-infant adoption group looking to stir up
          trouble?

          This group�s description says �We wanted to create a
          place where other people who want to adopt can go and
          exchange words or just let others know they are
          looking for a baby to adopt. Maybe birthmothers will
          find us?!� The description does say BABY and I see
          absolutely nothing wrong with adopting an infant if
          that is what a person wants. Nobody has to justify
          their choice to somebody else, especially some
          nameless stranger that makes ridiculous judgmental
          blanket statements like I�ve been reading for the past
          few days.

        • Kendall Phillips

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                How would you know tht I don't see their pain? How would you know that other couples in this situation don't see their pain? How do you know that we seek perfection? Obviously you are seeking perfection. And then you insult me by saying that if I am infertile I'm imperfect. You have got another thing coming!! I don't want a perfect child, I will take what I get. Just like you had to with your children. Just because I want a small child doesn't mean that I am selfish or vain. If anything what you are saying to me and others who are choosing to adopt babies is a selfish attempt at getting your sad opinion out. If I was working in the foster care where you are I wouldn't let you take in foster children and adopt them. You are too judgmental and hateful to raise the three you have. They should be taken from you to let someone else who actually loves children raise them. From what you have said you don't really love children. You are just selfish and only care if your
                children are taken care of. As we have said before, this is a baby adoption site that focuses on support and encouragment, and you have not been and aren't a part of it, so please leave the site or we will have to ask the moderator to take you off. Thank you.

                Chris Buck <zacktadtim@...> wrote:I would adopt an older child if I were seeking to adopt. I am already a mom of 3. I have a strong desire to adopt. I work with foster care. Like I said, you dont see their pain. But you dont care about their pain. Only your vanity. You want perfection. Well, you must lack it as you are sterile/infertile. No one should get a choice and adoption should be FREE>

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 7, 2003
                  No, I am not saying that........
                  My point is the people who are doing drugs, and not taking care of
                  children should not be having babies! You are getting your personal
                  life involved in your work.......sometimes not a good thing!

                  --- In couplesseekingtoadopt@yahoogroups.com, Chris Buck

                  Service.

                • jschroed02
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 7, 2003
                    Thanks! This person doesn't belong here!!!!!!!!

                    --- In couplesseekingtoadopt@yahoogroups.com, Shawn <bowens_01@y...>

                  • jschroed02
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 7, 2003
                      Please leave! You are really pi**ing off the foster/adopt parents
                      that are on here! You are making generalizations again and we are all
                      sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!!