Open Adoption in GA

  • Sheryl Mayne
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2003
      I'm new to the group and happy to have found one that is both AP and
      BM friendly. This is an exciting time for me & my husband because we
      just become eligible to adopt a child after finishing all our
      paperwork with the IAC in GA. We hope to have our BM letters and and
      website finished in about a week.

      We've always wanted to two children -- one conceived by us and a
      second adopted child. Well, who would have known that after being
      married for several years we wouln't be able to get pregnant? Many
      of our friends and family wondered why we didn't go to a fertility
      doctor since it's so common these days. But we just decided that our
      first choice for starting our family would be to begin with
      adoption. We don't know how and when we'll make a connection with
      our birth mother, but we hope it's positive and can become the
      beginning of an extended family. The relationship we have with our
      birth mother is important to us and for the child we adopt.

      I'll be checking back for other postings soon and let everyone know
      our web address when it's finished. If there's anyone connected with
      the IAC, I'd really like to hear from you too