Re: Grammy's....

  • victorcoral
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011

      I am so happy to know that my second favorite band in the world, Lady Antebellum, were the big winners at the Grammys this year (my favorite band being Little Big Town)  .... I had known that my favorite song "Need You Now" was just about the most popular song in the world for a good part of 2010, but it was just awesome to know that Lady A beat all those posers and no-talent hacks that seem to be the big sellers nowadays in the other (non-Country) styles of music ... There is a video in youtube that was titled "Lady Antebellum, not Gaga, wins big at the Grammys ! " ... I thought that was hilarious

      WAY TO GO LADY A !!!!

      and congratulations to Miranda and Blake for all their success lately ... it's good to know that a girl that can actually sing is winning the best Female Country singer awards for a change .......

      --- In country_fans2003@yahoogroups.com, "rebafan" <jodeefan2001@...> wrote:

      > 2011 Grammy Nominees
      > Album of the year Need You Now Lady Antebellum
      > Record of the year Need You Now Lady Antebellum winner
      > Song of the year Need You Now Lady Antebellum winner
      >
      > Best Female Country Vocal Performance
      > Satisfied Jewel
      > The House That Built Me Miranda Lambert winner
      > Swingin' LeAnn Rimes
      > Temporary Home Carrie Underwood
      > I'd Love To Be Your Last Gretchen Wilson
      >
      > Best Male Country Vocal Performance
      > Macon Jamey Johnson
      > Cryin' For Me Toby Keith
      > Turning Home David Nail
      > Til Summer Comes Around Keith Urban winner
      > Getting' You Home Chris Young
      >
      > Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group
      > Free Zac Brown Band
      > Elizabeth Dailey & Vincent
      > Need You Now Lady Antebellum winner
      > Little White Church Little Big Town
      > Where Rainbows Never Die The Steel Drivers
      >
      > Best Country Collaboration
      > Bad Angel Dierks Bentley with Miranda Lambert and Jamey Johnson
      > Pride Dierks Bentley with Del McCoury and the Punch Brothers
      > As She's Walking Away Zac Brown Band and Alan Jackson winner
      > Hillbilly Bone Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins
      > I Turn To You Marty Stuart and Connie Smith
      >
      > Best Country Song
      > The Breath You Take George Strait
      > Free Zac Brown Band
      > The House That Built Me Miranda Lambert
      > I'd Love To Be Your Last Gretchen Wilson
      > If I Die Young The Band Perry
      > Need You Now Lady Antebellum winner
      >
      > Best Country Album
      > Up On The Ridge Dierks Bentley
      > You Get What You Give Zac Brown Band
      > The Guitar Song Jamey Johnson
      > Need You Now Lady Antebellum winner
      > Revolution Miranda Lambert
      >
      > What do you think of the winners? And did you see the show what did you think?
      >
      > Thanks for being part of countryfans.
      > Rachel

    • rebafan
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011
        Grammy Awards Are Being Revamped
        April 6, 2011

        Next year's Grammy Awards will be significantly different after 31 of the previous 109 categories were deleted. The country music field will shrink from seven to four categories. The Recording Academy president Neil Portnow said, "The message isn't about cutting, it's about changing the way we present the awards. We welcome all artists who make music in the Grammy process. It's just going to look a little different." The country field will now be comprised of best country solo performance, best country duo/group performance, best country song and best country album. Missing will be best country instrumental performance, best country collaboration with vocal and separate categories for male and female vocal performance. Additionally, at least 40 artist entrants will be required in each category, up from 25.

        What do you all think?
        Thanks for being part of countryfans.
        Rachel
      • Victor
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7, 2011
          I think it sucks, some of the great musicians that deserve recognition for instrumental recordings will not get it, and same category for both male and female singers, yeah right, I'd love to see when a girl ever wins that .....

          http://www.myspace.com/victorcoral
          http://www.soundclick.com/coralduo
          http://www.soundclick.com/victorcoral

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 7, 2011
            I'm with you there Victor. Why put Male and Female singers in the same category. I can see it for the People Choices Awards but the Grammys come on. I don't think it will last.
            Rachel