ACM's...

  • rebafan
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 1 11:21 AM

      Album of the year
      Hemingway's Whiskey Kenny Chesney
      Need You Now Lady Antebellum
      The Guitar Songs Jamey Johnson
      Speak Now Taylor Swift
      Up On The Ridge Dierks Bentley
      You Get What You Give Zac Brown Band

      Single of the year
      A Little More Country Than That Easton Corbin
      As She's Walking Way Zac Brown Band with Alan Jackson
      If I Die Young The Band Perry
      Love Like Crazy Lee Brice
      The Boys Of Fall Kenny Chesney
      The House That Built Me Miranda Lambert

      Song of the year
      A Little More Country Than That Easton Corbin
      As She's Walking Away Zac Brown Band with Alan Jackson
      If I Die Young The Band Perry
      Love Like Crazy Lee Brice
      The House That Built Me Miranda Lambert

      Video of the year
      Hillbilly Bone Blake Shelton with Trace Adkins
      Only Prettier Miranda Lambert
      Stuck Like Glue Sugarland
      The Boys Of Fall Kenny Chesney
      The House That Built Me Miranda Lambert

      Vocal Event
      As She's Walking Away Zac Brown Band with Alan Jackson
      Blue Sky Emily West with Keith Urban
      Coal Miner's Daughter Loretta Lynn with Sheryl Crow and Miranda Lambert
      Cold Beer Colt Ford with Jamey Johnson
      Good To Be Me Uncle Kracker with Kid Rock

      What do you all think?
      Rachel
    • rebafan
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 29, 2011
        What do you all think?

        Reba McEntire, Taylor Swift, Garth Brooks Receiving Special Honors From ACM
        March 29, 2011

        Reba McEntireReba McEntire, Taylor Swift, Garth Brooks and Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin Brothers have been chosen for special honors from the Academy of Country Music. McEntire is receiving the Career Achievement Award for those who have advanced the popularity and acceptance of country music through their work during the past calendar year. Swift is the recipient of the Jim Reeves International Award for her contributions to the acceptance of country music throughout the world. Brooks and the Gatlins were selected to receive the Cliffie Stone Pioneer Award. Additionally, Tom T. Hall and the late Hank Cochran are this year's recipients of the Poet's Award in recognition of their achievements as songwriters. Artist manager John Dorris has been tapped for the Mae Boren Axton Award in recognition of his years of service to the ACM. Country Strong, the film starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw, is being honored with the Tex Ritter Award, an award given to films which prominently feature country music. This year's ACM Awards show takes place Sunday (April 3) at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The special awards, announced Tuesday (March 29), will not be presented during the CBS telecast. Those trophies, along with several musician and industry awards, will be formally presented at the ACM Honors ceremony taking place later this year in Nashville.

        Thanks for being part of countryfans.
        Rachel
      • rebafan
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 3, 2011
          The ACM's are tonight. You can post your thoughts on the show right here at Countryfans. What you like or didn't like? How you thought Reba and Blake did has host of the show?
          I'll post the list of winner and how we did picking winners after the show. And hopefully get the pictures up soon.

          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 3, 2011
            My favorite part of the show was Darius Ruckers performence. It made me cry. I didn't care for Jennifer Nettles and Rhiannas performence. Other than that I thought it was a good show.
            Rachel

            --- In country_fans2003@yahoogroups.com, "rebafan" <jodeefan2001@...> wrote:

            > The ACM's are tonight. You can post your thoughts on the show right here at Countryfans. What you like or didn't like? How you thought Reba and Blake did has host of the show?
            > I'll post the list of winner and how we did picking winners after the show. And hopefully get the pictures up soon.
            >
            > Thanks for being part of countryfans.
            > Rachel

          • rebafan
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 3, 2011
              This is how we voted. Like always not to bad picking the winner.

              ACM's Nominees 2011
              Entertainer of the year
              Jason Aldean 2 votes
              Toby Keith 1 vote
              Miranda Lambert 2 votes
              Brad Paisley 1 vote
              Taylor Swift 2 votes winner
              Keith Urban 0 votes

              Top Male Vocalist
              Jason Aldean 2 votes
              Brad Paisley 2 votes winner
              Blake Shelton 2 votes
              George Strait 0 votes
              Keith Urban 1 vote

              Top Female Vocalist
              Miranda Lambert 2 votes winner
              Reba McEntire 3 votes
              Taylor Swift 1 vote
              Carrie Underwood 2 votes
              Lee Ann Womack 0 votes

              Top Vocal Duo
              The JaneDear Girls 0 votes
              Joey & Rory 0 votes
              Montgomery Gentry 1 vote
              Steel Magnolia 2 votes
              Sugarland 2 votes winner

              Top Vocal Group
              Lady Antebellum 2 votes winner
              Little Big Town 0 votes
              Randy Rogers Band 0 votes
              The Band Perry 0 votes
              Zac Brown Band 2 votes

              Top New Solo Vocalist
              Eric Church 0 votes winner
              Easton Corbin 2 votes
              Randy Houser 1 vote

              Top New Duo Or Group
              The JaneDear Girls 0 votes
              Steel Magnolia 1 vote
              The Band Perry 2 votes winner

              Album of the year
              Hemingway's Whiskey Kenny Chesney0 votes
              Need You Now Lady Antebellum 2 votes winner
              The Guitar Songs Jamey Johnson 0 votes
              Speak Now Taylor Swift 2 votes
              Up On The Ridge Dierks Bentley 0 votes
              You Get What You Give Zac Brown Band 1 vote

              Single of the year
              A Little More Country Than That Easton Corbin 0 votes
              As She's Walking Way Zac Brown Band with Alan Jackson 0 votes
              If I Die Young The Band Perry 2 votes
              Love Like Crazy Lee Brice 2 votes
              The Boys Of Fall Kenny Chesney 1 vote
              The House That Built Me Miranda Lambert 1 vote winner

              Song of the year
              A Little More Country Than That Easton Corbin 1 vote
              As She's Walking Away Zac Brown Band with Alan Jackson 1 vote
              If I Die Young The Band Perry 2 votes
              Love Like Crazy Lee Brice 1 vote
              The House That Built Me Miranda Lambert 2 votes winner

              Video of the year
              Hillbilly Bone Blake Shelton with Trace Adkins 1 vote
              Only Prettier Miranda Lambert 2 votes
              Stuck Like Glue Sugarland 1 vote
              The Boys Of Fall Kenny Chesney 1 vote
              The House That Built Me Miranda Lambert 2 votes winner

              Vocal Event
              As She's Walking Away Zac Brown Band with Alan Jackson 2 votes winner
              Blue Sky Emily West with Keith Urban 1 vote
              Coal Miner's Daughter Loretta Lynn with Sheryl Crow and Miranda Lambert 2 votes
              Cold Beer Colt Ford with Jamey Johnson 0 votes
              Good To Be Me Uncle Kracker with Kid Rock 0 votes

              Thanks for being part of countryfans.
              I have updated the points for the countryfans games.
              Rachel
            • victorcoral
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 6, 2011
                actually the song wasn't that bad, but that Rhianna is such a poser and terrible artist, like most of the people representing that genre nowadays (Lady Gag Me ....) ... it's sad, pop and soul music used to be so great

                --- In country_fans2003@yahoogroups.com, "rebafan" <jodeefan2001@...> wrote:

                > My favorite part of the show was Darius Ruckers performence. It made me cry. I didn't care for Jennifer Nettles and Rhiannas performence. Other than that I thought it was a good show.
                > Rachel
                >
                > --- In country_fans2003@yahoogroups.com, "rebafan" <jodeefan2001@> wrote:
                > >
                > > The ACM's are tonight. You can post your thoughts on the show right here at Countryfans. What you like or didn't like? How you thought Reba and Blake did has host of the show?
                > > I'll post the list of winner and how we did picking winners after the show. And hopefully get the pictures up soon.
                > >
                > > Thanks for being part of countryfans.
                > > Rachel

              • victorcoral
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 6, 2011

                • whisperwildcat@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 6, 2011
                    Dierks Bentley's performance was awesome!!!!

                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    From: "victorcoral" <victorcoral@...>
                    Sender: country_fans2003@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 15:10:57 -0000
                    To: <country_fans2003@yahoogroups.com>
                    ReplyTo: country_fans2003@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: [country_fans2003] Re: ACM's...

                    actually the song wasn't that bad, but that Rhianna is such a poser and terrible artist, like most of the people representing that genre nowadays (Lady Gag Me ....) ... it's sad, pop and soul music used to be so great

                    --- In country_fans2003@yahoogroups.com, "rebafan" <jodeefan2001@...> wrote:

                    > My favorite part of the show was Darius Ruckers performence. It made me cry. I didn't care for Jennifer Nettles and Rhiannas performence. Other than that I thought it was a good show.
                    > Rachel
                    >
                    > --- In country_fans2003@yahoogroups.com, "rebafan" <jodeefan2001@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > The ACM's are tonight. You can post your thoughts on the show right here at Countryfans. What you like or didn't like? How you thought Reba and Blake did has host of the show?
                    > > I'll post the list of winner and how we did picking winners after the show. And hopefully get the pictures up soon.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks for being part of countryfans.
                    > > Rachel

                  • rebafan
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 23, 2011