Country Music News...

  • Rachel
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
      SHeDAISY, Ray Price: Life Notes
      SHeDAISY's leading lady became the bride of longtime boyfriend Derek Williamson in a private ceremony in San Diego, California. Joined by their families, the couple exchanged vows at the LDS Temple. Photo by Kathy Ziegler.

      July 1, 2009 — While Josh Turner and the Lost Trailers' Stokes Nielson have each had babies in the last 10 days, they're hardly the only country stars with significant developments in their lives. SHeDAISY's Kassidy Osborn, Aaron Tippin and Country Music Hall of Famer Ray Price have turned important pages — and Kellie Pickler's ended something that never really started.

      Life notes from the stars:
      • SHeDAISY's Kassidy Osborn found the perfect way to keep from being dogged by the press about a wedding: She didn't tell anyone until a month after it happened. Kassidy tied the knot with longtime boyfriend Derek Williamson at the LDS Temple in San Diego on May 28, then kept silent about it until Monday. "For being one of the most important days of my life, it couldn't have been more perfect and beautiful," she says.

      • Ray Price underwent surgery last week to remove pre-cancerous polyps from his colon. The 83-year-old singer had been losing weight steadily for the previous three months and checked into a hospital to undergo a battery of tests, which helped determine the cause. The Associated Press reported he's now recovering at home.

      • Aaron and Thea Tippin have started a new health business, Aaron Tippin Nutrition. Among the products in his line are a fat-burning diet, carb-busters and an anti-aging formula. "We've teamed with a proven manufacturer of nutritional supplements — one that I can firmly put my stamp of approval on," Aaron says. "Thea and I have been taking our own products for more than six months now, so we can speak of the benefits from personal experience." For more information, visit www.tippinnutrition.com.

      • Media reports linking Kellie Pickler romantically to Kid Rock are erroneous. "Kellie has not confirmed they are dating because they are not," her publicist says. "There is no truth to the story."

      Lady Antebellum's Charles Kelley is, however, still marrying publicist Cassie McConnell.
    • Rachel
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2009
        1 dead, 15 injured in Canada stage collapse
        Buzz up!32 votes Send
        Email IM Share
        Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print AP – A devastating thunderstorm rolls into the site of the Big Valley Jamboree in Camrose, Alberta Canada …
        Play Video Music Video:Catching Up With Kelly ABC News Play Video Music Video:Gig Guide for 7/30 FOX News Play Video Music Video:Ashley Tisdale returns to her roots on new CD AP 13 mins ago
        CAMROSE, Alberta – One person was killed and at least 15 were injured Saturday after a storm whipped through an outdoor country music festival, causing a stage to collapse.

        Strong winds and heavy rain began hitting the Big Valley Jamboree in Camrose, east of Edmonton, around 6 p.m., said Camrose Police Chief Darrell Kambeitz. He confirmed the one death and said all 15 injured were taken to hospitals.

        "The concert at Big Valley Jamboree was delayed and the concert bowl was being cleared when a small portion of the main stage collapsed," Kambeitz told The Canadian Press. He said reports of dozens of people being trapped at the site weren't true.

        Vancouver-based country music singer Jessie Ferrel said it was a terrifying experience.

        "It felt like bombs were going off around us in this concrete and steel building. Huge hits of power hitting the building, and then the lights were off," she told CTV News.

        "People were missing and trying to find each other and there was a woman who was trying to tell everyone to stop panicking and she was panicking on the speakers."

        Justin Bell, a freelance writer covering the festival for Sun Media, watched the storm hit.

        "It was calm and eerie for about 20 seconds then people began running," said Bell.

        A Billy Currington band member was assisted from the wreckage. His bloodied arm was badly injured. His band was playing when the stage went down.

        The Big Valley Jamboree Web site said Kevin Costner and his band Modern West was next on the lineup to perform when the storm hit

        The four-day festival in central Canada started Thursday and was scheduled to wrap up Sunday. It was not clear if the festival was going to continue, Kambeitz said.
      • Rachel
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2009
          Here's a link to cmt.com for more on what happen this weekend in Canada...
          http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1617493/billy-currington-and-band-back-in-nashville-following-tragedy-at-canadian-festival.jhtml

          Thanks for being part of countryfans.
          Rachel

          --- In country_fans2003@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel" <jodeefan2001@...> wrote:

          > 1 dead, 15 injured in Canada stage collapse
          > Buzz up!32 votes Send
          > Email IM Share
          > Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print AP – A devastating thunderstorm rolls into the site of the Big Valley Jamboree in Camrose, Alberta Canada …
          > Play Video Music Video:Catching Up With Kelly ABC News Play Video Music Video:Gig Guide for 7/30 FOX News Play Video Music Video:Ashley Tisdale returns to her roots on new CD AP 13 mins ago
          > CAMROSE, Alberta – One person was killed and at least 15 were injured Saturday after a storm whipped through an outdoor country music festival, causing a stage to collapse.
          >
          > Strong winds and heavy rain began hitting the Big Valley Jamboree in Camrose, east of Edmonton, around 6 p.m., said Camrose Police Chief Darrell Kambeitz. He confirmed the one death and said all 15 injured were taken to hospitals.
          >
          > "The concert at Big Valley Jamboree was delayed and the concert bowl was being cleared when a small portion of the main stage collapsed," Kambeitz told The Canadian Press. He said reports of dozens of people being trapped at the site weren't true.
          >
          > Vancouver-based country music singer Jessie Ferrel said it was a terrifying experience.
          >
          > "It felt like bombs were going off around us in this concrete and steel building. Huge hits of power hitting the building, and then the lights were off," she told CTV News.
          >
          > "People were missing and trying to find each other and there was a woman who was trying to tell everyone to stop panicking and she was panicking on the speakers."
          >
          > Justin Bell, a freelance writer covering the festival for Sun Media, watched the storm hit.
          >
          > "It was calm and eerie for about 20 seconds then people began running," said Bell.
          >
          > A Billy Currington band member was assisted from the wreckage. His bloodied arm was badly injured. His band was playing when the stage went down.
          >
          > The Big Valley Jamboree Web site said Kevin Costner and his band Modern West was next on the lineup to perform when the storm hit
          >
          > The four-day festival in central Canada started Thursday and was scheduled to wrap up Sunday. It was not clear if the festival was going to continue, Kambeitz said.

        • rebafan
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 22, 2009
            Trace Adkins, LeAnn Rimes Part of Bad-News Parade
            LeAnn Rimes photo courtesy of Curb Records.

            Sept. 21, 2009 — Trace Adkins, Ronnie Milsap and LeAnn Rimes are all affected by a spate of tough news stories, though none of them are the kind of issue that would make or break a career.

            A single recorded by Trace and Ronnie is being hung out to dry in a spat between record companies, while LeAnn had her second minor car accident in a month. In addition, a fire at a long-established Indiana venue leaves a series of artists with cancelled shows.

            The stories include:

            • Capitol Records issued a cease-and-desist order to Bleve Records demanding it withdraw marketing for "My First Ride," a collaboration between Ronnie Milsap and Trace Adkins, who is signed to Capitol. A Bleve statement indicates funds from the single were to benefit disaster funds for two first-responder organizations. Label execs have decided to continue working the single. The song is from a compilation CD that's due Nov. 1. The Bleve website does not indicate what other artists are contributing to the album.

            • LeAnn Rimes had a minor accident last week leaving the Fred Segal fashion retail shop in Santa Monica. She tapped the back end of another car, a mishap she attributes to being distracted by paparazzi, a representative told People. No one was hurt. LeAnn was also involved in a non-injury accident Aug. 21; that one was so minor she did not know she'd even clipped another car until police showed up at her house to discuss a possible hit-and-run offense. Ultimately, no charges were filed in that incident.

            • The Little Nashville Opry was destroyed by a fire over the weekend, according to Indianapolis television station WTHR. The blaze began Saturday night about 45 minutes after a band called Goldwing Express finished its set at the venue in Nashville, Ind. Among the artists who had upcoming shows at the club listed on the Pollstar concert website: Loretta Lynn, Bucky Covington, George Jones, Andy Griggs, Marty Stuart and Asleep At The Wheel.

            • A Tim McGraw concert Thursday in Edmonton, Alberta, put a bit of uplifting light on the death of a Canadian fan who was crushed by a speaker in August at a wind-related disaster in Camrose. Some 13,000 fans showed up at Tim's performance and an unannounced amount of money was raised for the Donna Moore Memorial Trust Fund, which was set up for her two surviving sons. Big & Rich had already raised $55,000 for the fund with a previous concert.
          • rebafan
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 29, 2009
              Country Christmas Albums Repackaged as Holiday DVDs
              September 29, 2009
              Six country Christmas albums will be repackaged as holiday DVDs on Oct. 6 as part of Legacy Recordings' new Yule Log Edition series. Christmas albums by Brooks & Dunn, Johnny Cash, Kenny Chesney, John Denver, Martina McBride and Brad Paisley will be available with on-screen holiday imagery like a classic yule log, a cozy cottage or a snowy cabin. Other artists with Christmas albums in the series include Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Domingo/Carreras/Pavarotti (The Three Tenors), José Feliciano, Kenny G, Whitney Houston, Il Divo, Johnny Mathis, Bette Midler and Andy Williams.
            • rebafan
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 12, 2009
                Toby Keith, Brad Paisley in New Book, Horse Country, at Cracker Barrel
                October 12, 2009
                Toby Keith and Brad Paisley are among the country artists featured in a new book, Horse Country, available at Cracker Barrel stores. Written by Lisa Wysocky, the book features color photos and stories of country stars with their horses. Other artists in the book include Kix Brooks, Tracy Byrd, Chris Cagle, Roy Clark, Charlie Daniels, George Jones, Hal Ketchum, Chris LeDoux, Montgomery Gentry's Eddie Montgomery, Willie Nelson, Tucker and Clay Walker.
              • rebafan
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 20, 2009
                  Alan Jackson, Taylor Swift Earn Songwriter Awards
                  By Tom Roland | Comments (13)
                  Alan Jackson photo courtesy of SonyBMG Nashville.

                  Nashville celebrated its songwriters for two straight nights this week with Alan Jackson and Taylor Swift each earning trophies as Songwriter/Artist of the Year from two different organizations.

                  Taylor picked up the Songwriter/Artist trophy from the Nashville Songwriters Association International Sunday, the same night Toby Keith earned Songwriter/Artist of the Decade. Wynn Varble claimed the NSAI's Songwriter of the Year after netting hits with Darryl Worley's recording of "Sounds Like Life To Me" and Brad Paisley's rendition of "Waitin' On A Woman," named Song of the Year.

                  ASCAP, one of three U.S. performing rights organizations, hailed Alan Monday night, while recognizing Ashley Gorley as its Songwriter of the Year. Ashley's behind-the-scenes contributions to country during the eligibility period included Trace Adkins' "You're Gonna Miss This" — ASCAP's Country Song of the Year — and the Brad Paisley/Keith Urban duet "Start A Band."

                  In addition to Toby's all-decade honor, the NSAI presented Songwriter of the Decade to Craig Wiseman, whose successes this millennium include Tim McGraw's "Live Like You Were Dying," Brooks & Dunn's "Believe" and Kenny Chesney's "The Good Stuff."

                  Tammy Wynette, Kye Fleming ("I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool") and Mark D. Sanders ("I Hope You Dance") joined the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame on Sunday.

                  The following night, J.D. Souther received a similar career achievement honor from ASCAP in accepting the agency's Golden Note Award. One of the contributors to the Southern California sound of the 1970s, which has had a direct influence on contemporary country, J.D. was honored with performances of his material from some of Nashville's best. Lee Ann Womack sang "Faithless Love," Rodney Crowell covered "New Kid In Town" and Love And Theft captured "You're Only Lonely."