Re: Dixie Chicks..

  • Michael Curtis
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
      --- In country_fans2003@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel" <jodeefan2001@h...>
      wrote:
      > Here's three links to a Dixie Chicks story.. Tell me what you think?
      I'm just glad Emily wasn't hurt. Does anyone know whether or not she
      was the only Chick on the bus? I've heard that she was, but I've also
      heard that Natalie was on the bus too. Just curious.

      Anyway, Rachel, I also wanted to let you know that I do enjoy this
      list. I told a friend about it, but I don't think she's joined just
      yet. I'll keep buggin' her about it though. LOL

      Well, since I don't post much here, I guess it'll be after the Chicks
      Nashville show when I post again. I've got great seats, so hopefully
      I'll have a story or 2 & some pix to share with y'all next week.
    • Rachel
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
        Chicks Wrapping Up U.S. Tour
        The Dixie Chicks complete the U.S. leg of their Top of the World
        tour with a Monday (Aug. 4) show at Nashville's Gaylord
        Entertainment Center. They then head to Canada for a five-date trek
        taking place Aug. 6-13. The Chicks have tapped the Thorns to open
        their upcoming European tour that kicks off Sept. 6 in Stockholm,
        Sweden, and closes Sept. 22 in Frankfurt, Germany. The Thorns
        feature singer-songwriters Pete Droge, Shawn Mullins and Matthew
        Sweet. The Dixie Chicks then go to Australia for three shows taking
        place Sept. 28-Oct. 4.

        Did anyone see the Chicks live on this tour?
        Rachel
      • KURT
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
          I did in Pittsburgh PA and they were great.
          Kurt

          Rachel <jodeefan2001@...> wrote:
          Chicks Wrapping Up U.S. Tour
          The Dixie Chicks complete the U.S. leg of their Top of the World
          tour with a Monday (Aug. 4) show at Nashville's Gaylord
          Entertainment Center. They then head to Canada for a five-date trek
          taking place Aug. 6-13. The Chicks have tapped the Thorns to open
          their upcoming European tour that kicks off Sept. 6 in Stockholm,
          Sweden, and closes Sept. 22 in Frankfurt, Germany. The Thorns
          feature singer-songwriters Pete Droge, Shawn Mullins and Matthew
          Sweet. The Dixie Chicks then go to Australia for three shows taking
          place Sept. 28-Oct. 4.

          Did anyone see the Chicks live on this tour?
          Rachel

          Kurt

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Victor
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003
            > Did anyone see the Chicks live on this tour?
            > Rachel

            Oh yes, I saw them June 21. Here's a copy of the review I posted
            back then:

            -----------------------------

            This a from an article I just read regarding the Dixie Chicks:

            "On the tour that brought them to Madison Square Garden last
            weekend, the Dixie Chicks aren't ignoring what their lead singer,
            Natalie Maines, called "the incident": the firestorm of condemnation
            and the withdrawal of radio play..."

            Actually the rest of the article is pretty good, but I just wanted
            to mention "the incident" and get it out of the way so I could post
            my own review of probably the best show I've ever seen. Because of
            Natalie I don't post in any Dixie Chicks boards or groups.

            Dixie Chicks Saturday June 21 at Madison Square Garden:
            well my throat is sore from so much screaming and my shoulders hurt
            from so much clapping.
            What a show, starting with the opening act (Michelle Branch) who is
            the best rock/pop singer songwriter I've seen in a LONG time. She
            has an ultra-hot band, a beautiful singing tone and really gives it
            all in her performance.
            The stage is almost undescribable; these were the best concert
            visuals I have seen. there is a main stage in the center of the
            arena with mechanical lifts that bring up certain musicians at
            certain songs and go back down again. When doing landslide the 3 chx
            were in the very center and the lift brought them up about ten feet
            above the regular level of the stage.
            Around the main stage there is a platform with stairs and long ramps
            that get them closer to the audience, and they can go all around and
            face any section of the arena at any time. between the center stage
            and this platform there is a section ("the coop") where there are
            people (a V.I.P. audience.) Natalie said "when these guys joined the
            band they thought we were a party band and found out we like to go
            bowling and camping; so we're making it up to them by placing a lot
            of beautiful girls in front of them every night"
            The chicks almost looked looked like a punk rock band playing banjo
            and fiddle (LOL) Emy has a strange new look with one side of her
            head partially shaved wearing black leather pants and a half skirt
            over them with the peace sign on it. I was a little shocked, but she
            still looked gorgeous. Martie looked the best, straight blonde hair
            and a black pantsuit. Theirs and the band performance was flawless.
            before they came on a beautiful circular curtain covered the center
            stage with huge flowers on it. the light show and the rest of the
            visuals are hard to describe. there is a laser light show that
            imitates flower petals and lots of confetti that shoots up from the
            stage. also 4 huge tv screens were all around the stage so you could
            still see them perform even if they were facing another side of the
            arena. when they played "top of the world" instead of the show being
            on the screens, a yet unreleased video of the song was played
            instead.
          • Rachel
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 23, 2003
              DIXIE CHICKS LEAVING COUNTRY SCENE?
              (It's important to note that Dixie Chicks stories in some foreign
              press recently have been completely false. Regarding this story The
              Dixie Chicks' camp could neither confirm nor deny the story as of
              press time yesterday).

              Yesterday an article that appeared on the website, Ananova
              (www.ananova.com), quoted what Martie Maguire reportedly said to
              Speigel Magazine, "We don't feel part of the country scene any
              longer, it can't be our home any more."

              Ananova says Maguire indicated she was disappointed that other
              country singers didn't back the Chicks up after their remarks
              regarding President Bush and his politics toward Iraq.
              "A few weeks ago, Merle Haggard said a couple of nice words about
              us, but that was it," Maguire complained. "The support we got came
              from others, like Bruce Springsteen."

              Going home empty-handed from the Country Awards ceremony also made
              them decide to break with the scene, Maguire reportedly said.
              "Instead, we won three Grammys against much stronger competition.
              "So we now consider ourselves part of the big Rock 'n' Roll family."

              THIS ONE WE HOPE IS TRUE
              Unlike the previous Chicks' story that you hope is not true, you
              hope this one is. During Saturday night's concert at London's Royal
              Albert Hall, Onstage, the Chicks reportedly laughed off the entire
              anti-Bush episode, according to the Guardian Unlimited. "Last time
              we were here, the war was weighing heavy on our minds," Maines
              announces coquettishly. "This time it's J-Lo and Ben."

              Hope this can shed some light on the Dixie Chicks story. If and when
              I find out more about this story. I will let you.
              Rachel