Re: [country_fans2003] McGraw Roughs Up Rowdy Concertgoer

  • deb5135513@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
      If I'm not mistaken, didn't that guy have on a t-shirt that said "wife beater" or something to that effect.  I'm sure that didn't set well with Tim in the first place.  To me, someone who wears a shirt like that is just ASKING for trouble.

      Deb in NC

      In a message dated 6/30/2008 11:17:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, kesidde@... writes:
      If they had proper security then they would not have a
      need to do what they did. They were suppose to be
      there to sing and not to be a security person. To me
      the fans were too close to the stage for Tim to be
      able to bend down and grab the guy by the hand to pull
      him up. That is odd to that he grabbed the guy by the
      hand. but I will not go any further into that.

    • ~Peaches~
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008

        Security was probably the same at that concert as it is at any other of Tim's concert.  There was no reason for this person to rough-house another fan/concert goer   Tim was close enough to this person to stop what was going on until security could remove this person.

        I think anyone would try to stop any altercation that may be taking place.   Even Tim the artist, the father and Man.   I would hope that if I was attenting a concert and something like that took place that someone (security or another person, even the artist) in this case would do something to resolve the problem.

        Which I think it was handle as best as could be considering the number of people surrounding the stage.

          ~*~ Peaches ~*~

        --- ~Peaches~ <vicki_r2005@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        >  I would have done the same thing Tim and Faith
        > done.  There was no apparent reason for The Man to
        > act like he did nor the Lady.  They (Tim & Faith)
        > had the right to do what they did in my book!
        >

        >   ~*~ Peaches ~*~
        >
        > --- On Thu, 6/26/08, kenneth sidders
        > <kesidde@yahoo. com> wrote:
        >
        > From: kenneth sidders <kesidde@yahoo. com>
        > Subject: Re: [country_fans2003] McGraw Roughs Up
        > Rowdy Concertgoer
        > To: country_fans2003@ yahoogroups. com
        > Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 7:54 PM
        >

        > Is it just me or does he not like security at his
        > shows. This is the second time he was involved in an
        > incident and all of the shows I have ever seen had
        > security standing in front of the stage where a fan
        > would never have gotten close enough to groped the
        > artist nor would it have taken that long to get
        > security to where the trouble was. Something is
        > wrong
        > with his shows and I for one would not want to go
        > for
        > that reason.
        >
        > --- danyi17@aol. com wrote:
        >

        > > McGraw Roughs Up Rowdy Concertgoer
        > > AOL
        > > (June 25) - Country superstar Tim McGraw isn't
        > > afraid to confront his fans
        > > during concerts.
        > >
        > > At a show in Auburn, Wash., McGraw witnessed an
        > > unruly man in the audience
        > > and when security was slow to react, he took
        > > matters into his own hands.
        > > The 'Something Like That' singer grabbed the man
        > > out of the audience, pulled
        > > him onstage and pushed him towards security, who
        > > escorted him away, _PEOPLE_
        > >
        > (http://www.people. com/people/ article/0,
        > ,20208796, 00.html)
        > > reports.
        > >
        > > "While Tim was performing at the White River
        > > Amphitheater in Auburn,
        > > Washington, last night, he watched a man rush to
        > > the front of the stage. This overly
        > > aggressive fan attacked a female fan and Tim
        > > witnessed this incident. Tim
        > > called for security, but when they could not
        > > respond quick enough, Tim and
        > > several crew members removed the fan from the
        > > audience where he was then turned
        > > over to the local authorities, " a rep for McGraw
        > > said.
        > >
        > > McGraw may have learned a thing or two about
        > > handling disorderly fans from
        > > his wife, fellow country singer Faith hill.
        > >
        > > Last year, at a joint concert between McGraw and
        > > Hill, a female audience
        > > member grabbed McGraw's crotch, prompting his wife
        > > to tell the woman off.
        > >
        > > "Somebody needs to teach you some class, my
        > friend.
        > > You don't go grabbin'
        > > somebody some body'smebody's husband's balls, you
> [...]

      • kenneth sidders
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
          Security in Dayton Ohio is the same way. They have
          security stand between the railing in front of the
          stage and the stage about 5 to 10 feet apart and have
          security staged all around the arena including the
          upper seats the same way. If an artist called for
          security because of someone hitting someone where this
          guy was the security would already be there. I guess I
          just don't understand why it is not that way
          everywhere.