Martina McBride, Lady Antebellum concert

  • Victor
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      I'm just going to be lazy and copy the comments by a couple of fans in Martinaville .. lol

      from Louie:

      Holy cow! I don't know why I've waited 6 1/2 years to see Martina again. First off, Lady Antebellum was FANTASTIC. Major props to them. Everyone go buy their album when it drops on April 15th.

      And, Martina... simply fantastic. I don't know what it's normally like at her shows, but the floor seats (where I was) were on their feet a good deal of the show. There were some people sitting behind me that were cussing up a storm telling us to sit down, but, seriously! You're at a concert! And there is some foot-stomping songs going on and you are agitated with us. Seriously?! Other than, it was simply phenomenal.

      The set list did not deviate too much, from what I can recall:

      Anyway - ascending out of the floor, she just nails this, simply beautiful
      When God Fearin' Women Get The Blues
      Wild Angels
      - hearing that opening guitar riff never gets old!
      My Baby Loves Me
      For These Times
      - nice touch with the video with the white board suggestions while people come in
      How I Feel
      Happy Girl
      Rose Garden
      You Ain't Woman Enough
      In My Daughter's Eyes
      If I Had Your Name
      Where Would You Be
      - .sigh. hearing this song live is so surreal (more so than the concert itself), i wish i could have heard it again
      Concrete Angel
      Love's The Only House/Blessed
      - i gotta say, i loved the blend, although i was suprised that she sang Blessed hire to match the key of Love's The Only House; Martina handled the higher notes fairly well, but it was stinkin' up there
      This One's for the Girls
      A Broken Wi
      ng - just like WWYB, i'd love to hear it again!
      Independence Day

      Encore - superb, phenomenal, amazing! how about an album of 80s covers?!
      Don't Stop Believin'
      Hit Me With Your Best Shot

      Martina, please come back anytime! We'd love to have you - and make sure you bring Lady A! In fact, if you want a homecooked meal before hand, you just let me know, I'll make sure you get a real meal on the road. Nevertheless, I hope you had a great night, because we sure did! I hope we were a great crowd for you.

      Hopefully I'll get to see you again before another 6 1/2 years. Much love, God bless!

      from PhillieGirl26:

      I agree with all of you; the show was amazing! The set list did not deviate from the last time I saw her, but you will NOT catch me complaining about that! She still manages to bring tears to my eyes and take my breath away every time I see her live!

      A few highlights for me...

      ~I had couples on BOTH sides of me who had never seen her before. And they were all in awe at the end of the show. This one guy who told us he didn't like country music before his wife dragged him to the show was so totally into it. He said he had never seen a better live performance!

      ~During For These Times, someone wrote on the white board "For a Philly team to win a championship...ANY championship." And a whole lot of people started screaming like crazy, and Martina turned around and looked at the board like "What the heck!!" Too funny!

      ~Martina's sincerity every time she performs a song and thanks the audience for their reaction. All these years later, I still think she honestly feels 'blessed' that so many come out to see her.

      Lady Antebellum were AWESOME. I was really blown away, having gone into the show convinced I didn't really care to see them. I can't wait to get their CD now! And Jack Ingram, what can I say? I loved him on the Dierks tour and I'm really glad he opened for Martina .There were a lot of people around me who didn't know him, and hopefully he opened their eyes to his music.

      my own comments:

      thanx Louie and PhillieGirl for the great reviews, there's nothing much I can add, I was 3rd row on the right side section and during TOFTG I even got on the screen for a couple of seconds hooting and clapping with my bright green Sara Evans greatest hits t-shirt

      I was actually prepared for Lady Antebellum, do you guys know that they have about 50 videos on YouTube? .. a band that hasn't even released their first album! I'm sure by now it's old news that Hillary Scott is Linda Davis' daughter so there's definitely a personal connection with Martina smile.gif

      the sets was 2 songs shorter than when I saw her last June at Wilkes-Barre. I was wondering if having 2 opening acts instead of one might be cuz she wanted to trim a little her exhausting marathon performances

      songs performed in June and not last night: Trying to find a reason, Cry, Cry ('til the sun shines) and Help me make it through the night

      performed last night and not in June: In My Daughter's Eyes

      http://www.soundclick.com/coralduo
      http://www.soundclick.com/victorcoral

    • danyi17@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        Sounds like you had another wonderful time with Martina and company!  I am very happy for you!  Wish I could have been there! *g*  She is one amazing lady, and I love her music and seeing her perform!

        I also like what I have heard of Lady Antebellum.  And I think it is great that Linda Davis' daughter is part of the group and carrying on the family tradition!  I look forward to hearing more good music from this group!

        Thanks so much for sharing Victor!  Glad you were able to go and have this wonderful experience!

        danyi

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
          you're welcome

          I got to make a correction: At the show in Wilkes-Barre last June she didn't sing "For These times' so this set was only one song shorter, not much difference ... Turns out she had a cold last night, she coughed a few times which I've never seen her do before and a girl that met her said she had a fever ... and yet the incredibly demanding performance was just as great as ever .... amazing, isn't she?

          there are some great pictures in Martinaville on the photo room. Unluckily, for once in my life I forgot to charge the batteries for the camera