Re: [country_fans2003] Re: Miranda Lambert news...

  • kenneth sidders
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 31 10:58 PM
      Gac is fan voted but cmt is based on more then fan
      votes. It is based on video plays on the website or
      atleast that is what I hear. There was some other
      things that go into it for CMT.

      Some of the reason that her cd is not selling and
      therefore does not receive radio airplay are low
      request, and digital downlads may be hurting her. also
      the words of some of her songs may be hurting her too
      or the subject of them.

    • danyi17@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2007
        Hi Rachel and Ken...  I think you both have some excellent
        thoughts and observations here.

        I agree that radio is important--to all music artists.  It
        gets their music out there so people can hear it and
        enjoy it and hopefully want to hear more of it.

        Touring, especially if they are able to tour with an
        already well-established country music artist or group is
        another great way for new artists or upcoming artists to
        be seen and heard and to reach folks with their music and
        built a strong fan base who will then might be more likely
        to request that that artist's music be played on their local
        country music radio stations.

        Also I wonder if the playing of her music on the radio
        might vary from place to place.  For instance, I live fairly
        close to the city of Philadelphia, and I listen to Philadelphia's
        largest country music station WXTU daily, and I know that
        Miranda's song Being Famous in a Small Town has been
        getting a great deal of air play here.  Kerosene on the other
        hand seemed to get very little air play here.  I am not sure
        what made the difference.  Perhaps she was not as well
        -known here when Kerosene came out.  I am not sure.

        Her CD's seem to be selling pretty well if she has gone
        Platinum and Gold.  CD sales have gone done in general
        across the board with so many other ways to obtain
        a single song or an entire album...  I think this adds to
        making the lowering of sales numbers for all artists...
        along with cost as you mentioned Ken.  I know that
        cost is always an issue for me when either buying
        a CD or going to a concert.  I have had to miss some
        CD's and concerts I would have really like to have
        purchased or attended, but could not because of
        the cost.

        Sorry for rambling... again. *g*

        danyi

        <jodeefan2001@...> wrote:

        > > Is this true?
        > >
        > > Miranda Lambert Wants a Radio Hit
        > > Miranda
        Lambert photo courtesy of
        > > frontpagepublicity.com.
        > >
        > > August 30, 2007 — Despite great album sales and

        reviews, nominations
        > > and awards and tons of exposure, Miranda
        Lambert
        > > says radio has been
        > > the missing link in her
        career.

        > > "I would love to see what would happen to my
        career
        > > if I got radio
        > > play," she told Billboard
        recently. "I really want
        > > radio, but I
        > > understand why
        I don't always get it. I mean, I am
        > > controversial — I

        blow people's houses up and kill people in my songs.
        > > I realize that
        > > [I'm] not just your average girl singing a song, but

        people do feel
        > > that way, so they want to hear it."
        > >
        > > While radio was more top of mind when she wrote
        > > songs
        for her last
        > > album, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Miranda said she did
        her
        > > best to stay
        > > true to herself. She and producers
        Frank Liddell and
        > > Mike Wrucke went
        > > with an "if it
        ain't broke, don't fix it" strategy.
        > > But though she

        felt her latest single, "Famous in a Small Town,"
        > > had hit
        potential,
        > > it leveled off at No. 23 on the Billboard chart
        > > after a long, slow
        > > climb.
        > >
        > > Still,
        Miranda told the Philadelphia Inquirer, "When
        > > I listen to
        > > country radio, I think, wow, my song would fit
        > > perfectly in
        this
        > > format. I don't understand why it's not on there."

      • Rachel
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 24, 2008
          Miranda Lambert 'Famous' In Critics Poll
          Miranda Lambert photo courtesy of frontpagepublicity.com.

          January 24, 2008 — Miranda Lambert hit the top of the charts today by
          taking the Scene-ic route. She nabbed four honors in the eighth annual
          country music critics poll, published the Nashville Scene.

          Miranda earned Best Artist and Best Female Artist, while Crazy Ex-
          Girlfriend took Best Country Album of the Year and "Famous In A Small
          Town" laid claim to Best Single.

          Nearly 100 critics took part in the poll, representing such
          publications as The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los
          Angeles Times, Rolling Stone, Country Weekly and Billboard.

          Among other winners are Brad Paisley, Best Male Vocalist; Sugarland,
          Best Group; Keith Urban, Best Live Act; Taylor Swift, Best New Act; and
          Emmylou Harris, Best Reissue.
        • Rachel
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
            Miranda Lambert's "Gunpowder" Has Personal History
            Miranda Lambert photo courtesy of frontpagepublicity.com.

            February 4, 2008 — Miranda Lambert's new single, "Gunpowder & Lead,"
            has a lyrical thread that's similar to a couple of other songs from
            country music's last 15 years: the Dixie Chicks' "Goodbye Earl" and
            Martina McBride's "Independence Day." But "Gunpowder" also has a
            connection to Miranda's personal history.

            "The song is actually about waiting for a husband to get out of jail
            so she can shoot him," Miranda told Dial-Global. "But it came from a
            real place in my life. When I was 14 years old, my parents took in
            abused women and children. I had to share my room with a mom and
            daughter. And my brother had to share with two brothers, and their
            mom lived downstairs, and it was a three-bedroom house. It really has
            a meaning to me."

            "Gunpowder & Lead" came in at No. 15 among the top singles of last
            year in the eighth annual Country Music Critics' Poll, conducted by
            The Nashville Scene. Miranda also hit the list with "Famous In A
            Small Town," at No. 1; and "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend," No. 12.
          • Rachel
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 10, 2008
              Miranda Lambert Mum on November
              Miranda Lambert photo courtesy of frontpagepublicity.com.

              April 10, 2008 - Miranda Lambert is looking forward to November. That's
              the month the Country Music Association presents its annual awards, and
              it's also the month that America goes to the voting booth to make a
              decision about the next president.

              She's definitely paying attention to the political race, but she's
              remaining tight-lipped about where she stands on the issues.

              "I've been following it a little bit because I feel like I should as an
              American citizen," she told Dial-Global. "My dad's always preached to
              me, 'Vote, vote, vote. It's your right, and people are fighting for us
              to do this and dying for us to be able to vote.' So he's pounded it
              into my head. But I don't talk about it. I'm up there to entertain
              people and make them forget about all that stuff. I'm a country music
              artist, [but] I don't ever want to use that as a platform to force my
              opinion on politics on anyone."
            • Rachel
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 8, 2008
                Miranda Lambert Has Write Stuff
                Miranda Lambert performs "More Like Her" at "The 42nd Annual CMA
                Awards," on Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2008, live from the Sommet Center in
                Nashville on the ABC Television Network. Photo courtesy of the
                Country Music Association.

                Dec. 8, 2008 — Miranda Lambert has received a lot of attention for
                singing songs with a spitfire attitude and for her relationship with
                Blake Shelton. What hasn't gotten much focus is the fact that she
                writes the bulk of her own material. It's actually the aspect of her
                career that makes her the most proud.

                "Songwriting isn't for everybody, I guess, but it comes first and
                foremost for me," she told The Las Vegas Review Journal. "It's just
                always been like that. My dad taught me to play guitar and write
                songs when I was a teenager, and I do think songwriting is an art."

                Miranda has often referred to Merle Haggard as her biggest
                inspiration, and a major reason for that is his place in history as a
                writer.

                "There are so many talented songwriters in Nashville, and in country
                music in general, so with each record, I try to reach the next
                level," she said. "When I hear songs from some of my heroes, like
                Merle Haggard, I'm still blown away."

                Miranda is the sole writer on her current single, "More Like Her."
                She's slated to sing it in concerts this week in St. Charles, Mo.,
                Wednesday; Shawnee, Okla., Friday; and Miami, Okla., Saturday. She
                closes out the year with Blake in Green Bay, Wis.