Hogg-Wild: Burt Reynolds crushes on Willie Nelson

  • Willie8975@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 6:39 PM

      July 29, 2005

      Hogg-Wild: Burt Reynolds crushes on Willie Nelson

      15845__dukes_lThank the show business gods for Burt Reynolds (far left), talk show raconteur. On Thursday's Tonight Show, he told Jay Leno how much he loves his Dukes of Hazzard costar Willie Nelson (near left). And when I say ''loves,'' I'm not exaggerating much. Quoth Burt: ''When I worked with Willie Nelson, who is just about the nicest man I've ever worked with in my life, the sweetest, kindest man, I thought, 'If I'd have been gay, it would have saved me millions.''' The 69-year-old actor added that, if he and the 72-year-old singer had become a couple way back when, they'd still be ''happily together.'' I don't know what Nelson thought of Reynolds, but I'm just glad they didn't work their relationship into the movie. A romance between Boss Hogg and Uncle Jesse might just have sent poor Cooter over the edge.

      Posted by Gary Susman | 07.29.05, 02:36 PM

      Comments

      I doubt the relationship would have saved ole' Burt much money. First, he would have had to post bail god knows how many thousands of times for Willie's Marijuana busts, AND he would have to have used them millions to pay off the IRS when Willie's tax problems surfaced. My guess is that financially, anyway, Burt was better off with Lonnie...

      EP Sato | August 1, 2005 10:44 AM

      Click to join Amazing_Legend_Willie_Nelson_2