Galileo use of the 1802

  • Bee Dee
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2012
      This book talks briefly about the 1802's use in the Galileo spacecraft
      on pages 39 and 40. (page 41 begins post-1802 processors; page 246 has
      a couple of reference notes; there is one 1802 reference in the index)

      "Onboard Computers, Onboard Software and Satellite Operations:
      An Introduction" (Springer Aerospace Technology) [Hardcover]
      by Jens Eickhoff

      Publication Date: December 22, 2011 | ISBN-10: 3642251692 |
      ISBN-13: 978-3642251696 | Edition: 2012

      It's a new hardback book, so the price is over $100.

      The first line of the book description states: "This book is intended
      as a system engineer's compendium, explaining the dependencies and
      technical interactions between the onboard computer hardware, the
      onboard software and the spacecraft operations from ground."

      http://www.amazon.com/Onboard-Computers-Software-Satellite-Operations/dp/3642251692/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1330901047&sr=8-3

      You can use the "Search inside this book" link below the cover image
      and search for "1802" to read the pages. (I extracted the pages for
      personal use as part of my "1802 Archive Project")

      - Bill D
      ... CRAV Computing Hobbyist : Classic/Retro/Antique/Vintage
      ..... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cravcomp/
      ..... http://www.donnelly-house.net/