COSMAC User Manual Wanted

  • druske
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2002
      Scott Baker (scd@...) asked me to pass along the following
      message; apparently he was having some trouble posting to the message
      board. I presume the manual he's talking about is equivalent to the
      old RCA COSMAC User Manual, but in any case I haven't seen an
      electronic copy of this document...

      =============

      Do you know where I can find an electronic copy
      (PDF format?) of the Harris MPM-201D

      "User Manual for CMOS CDP1800 Series Microprovessors and
      Microcomputers"

      Thanks,
      Scott L Baker

      BTW, I have written a VHDL model of the 1802 microprocessor
      and I have programmed an FPGA to function like an 1802.
      You can see pictures of it here:

      http://home.teleport.com/~scd/Protos/1802-top.jpg
    • John Chris Wren
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2002
        I recently scored this manual off of eBay, although I have not yet
        received it. My intent was to scan it, try to OCR it, and post it. I also
        have a book from a friend of mine that has about 27 pages on the 1802. I
        plan to scan that one also. However, this project is more than 2 weeks
        away, so I don't know if that will be timely enough for you.

        --John

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2002
          Scott Baker (scd@...) asked:

          --
          Lee A. Hart Ring the bells that still can ring
          814 8th Ave. N. Forget your perfect offering
          Sartell, MN 56377 USA There is a crack in everything
          leeahart_at_earthlink.net That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen
        • scd1723
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2002
            > Neat! Two questions: Does it work?
            > And how fast does it run?

            Yes it works, I have tested my 1802-FPGA board into
            a couple of industrial control boards and into
            a friend's COSMAC development system. It
            functions correctly in all 3 systems. I have not
            tried to see how fast I could push it.

            Regards,
            Scott L Baker scd@...
          • scd1723
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2002
              Hi John,

              > I recently scored this manual off of eBay, although I have not yet
              > received it. My intent was to scan it, try to OCR it, and post
              > it.

              Sounds great! Can you send me an email when it's online?

              > I also have a book from a friend of mine that has about
              > 27 pages on the 1802. I plan to scan that one also.
              > However, this project is more than 2 weeks
              > away, so I don't know if that will be timely enough for you.

              I have no urgent schedule. Thanks for taking the time
              to scan and OCR these docs. BTW what OCR software are you
              using?

              Regards,
              Scott L Baker scd@...