MSI Terminals for ludicrous prices on eBay

  • J.C.Wren
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
      I have to laugh.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3410404139&category=162

    • sbirdasn
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2003
        Yep,

        That is really funny for those of us "in the know" as to where
        they're coming from!

        Those two VIP's closed out pretty painfully too: $125 for the lone
        VIP, and $225 for the one with monitor & docs.

        I was tempted to spring for the lone board for say, $25, but that
        would only be for a backup/spare, as I still have my working VIP. The
        feedback did indicate that the lone VIP does work just fine though.

        At least the winning bidders seemed to be happy with their new toys.

        eBay is a strange place.

        Tony.

        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "J.C.Wren" <jcwren@j...> wrote:
        > I have to laugh.
        >
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
        ViewItem&item=3410404139&category=162

      • erd_6502
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2003
          --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "sbirdasn" <sbirdasn@y...> wrote:
          > Those two VIP's closed out pretty painfully too: $125 for the lone
          > VIP, and $225 for the one with monitor & docs.
          >
          > I was tempted to spring for the lone board for say, $25, but that
          > would only be for a backup/spare, as I still have my working VIP.

          Well... I paid $35 for my VIP a number of years ago (15?), but
          it came with several manuals, a full load of RAM and the blue
          plastic cover (unlike the $125 bare VIP), so I'd be surprised
          (and pleased!) to get one for even $50 these days.

          -ethan