Re: Christmas Elf 2K

  • questsuperelf
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2011
      I "finished" my Elf 2K a few days ago but had to wait until today to install a serial card in my PC to verify that it works. Luckily it seems to work great so far. Are there such things as New Years Elves?

      I haven't added an CDP1861 or equivalent yet (waiting for the right RCA connector). I'm a bit nervous about wiring up the disk i/o board. I never tried soldering surface mount parts like that CF connector and I'd hate to mess up. Maybe I can use the IDE connector instead? I've ordered all the parts for the hex keypad so that will be my next project.

      Bob, this was really a lot of fun! Thank you very much!

      Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

      -Nick