Unoctnilbium (Uonb)

  • Bee Dee
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
      Using the IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry)
      systematic element naming conventions, iff [sic] an 1802 chip was an
      atomic element, i.e., Element 1802, it's name and symbol would be:

      Unoctnilbium (Uonb)

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systematic_element_name

      I suggest Un•oct•nil•bi•um has a half life of infinity and its atomic
      weight is Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy.
    • Saundby
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Bee Dee" <bd@...> wrote:

        > Using the IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry)
        > systematic element naming conventions, iff [sic] an 1802 chip was an
        > atomic element, i.e., Element 1802, it's name and symbol would be:
        >
        > Unoctnilbium (Uonb)
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systematic_element_name
        >
        > I suggest Un•oct•nil•bi•um has a half life of infinity and its atomic
        > weight is Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy.

        Ah, yes, Unoctnilbium (Uonb), Amer. "Josephweisbeckerium", Russ. "Weisgottakopiyitskyium", German "Rechnungsmachinenachtbitterbenuetzeneinpaarwattenium", IAPAC 94 "Josephweisbeckium", IAPAC 97 "Weisbeckerium". The abbreviation for the Systematic name often results in it being mistaken for Unobtanium (Unob), from which is is easily distinguished and separated. Also its association with 1861 Unocthexunium (Uohu), Amer. "Pixium", Russ. "Mussorgskium", Ger. "Pokendotteneinfachium", IAPAC 94, "Enterprisium", IAPAC 97 "Pixium" (Pi), which is commonly bonded to Unobtanium and for which there is no currently known separation process.

        Another of my personal favorites is Unnilpentium (Unp), now named "Dubnium", and it doesn't get any more dubious than a Pentium. :D

        Isn't science wonderful? ;)

        -Mark G.
      • Bee Dee
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
          Exactly. And lets not forget some of its most common isotopes,
          compounds and molecules: (in solid, liquid, gaseous, and plasma forms)

          elfium
          elfium-2
          vipium
          superium
          studium
          comxium-tripentate
          cidelsane
          cosmacene
          questium
          chipium-8
          emmamene
          netronicone
          telmacium
          victorium
          visicomene
          oscomium-nanonite
          pecomitite
          eti-6-6-nilium
          tinium-elfite
          simelfium-javatite
          tolkien-emulate

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium

          (I think we have too much free time on our hands)
        • Bee Dee
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
            Too many to note. How could I forget these two most recent discoveries:

            elfibinilium-3
            memberium-cardate

            I'm sure I've missed a few others.