Sites that reference "CDP1802"

  • Bee Dee
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 30, 2011
      There might be some websites (& info) here that you haven't seen before:

      http://www.bramblyhill.com

      Brambly Hill | RAM Test Rig In which I use one low-powered microcontroller to fix another
      low-powered, obsolete microcontroller. ... cdp1802. clean up. construction. elf. elf2k.
      embarassment. gardening. greenhouse. maintenance

      http://www.computernostalgia.net

      History of Microprocessors A microprocessor is a digital electronic component with transistors on a
      single semiconductor integrated circuit (IC) ... RCA COSMAC was the first to implement C-MOS
      technology.The CDP1802 was used because it could be run at very low power, and

      http://www.cosmacelf.com

      COSMAC ELF Site, The Information about 1802-based microcomputers of the mid-70s to early 80s. Home
      of the TinyELF emulator for Palm OS handhelds. Includes a message board

      http://www.wordiq.com

      1802 - Define 1802 at WordIQ Online Dictionary | WordIQ.com An 8-bit microprocessor currently
      manufactured as CDP1802 by HARRIS Semiconductor. ... are directly tested by branch instructions;
      flexible programmable I/O mode; single-phase clock, with on-chip oscillator; 16 x 16 register
      matrix to implement multiple program counters, pointers, or registers

      http://dev.emcelettronica.com

      Your Electronics Open Source | Share for life! CDP1802. COSMAC. microprocessor. The scope of this
      article is to introduce the reader to a famous, old (but still under production ... has been widely
      recognized: the RCA CDP1802 (also known as COSMAC)

      http://www.mullerlab.com

      muller lab site is born of a desire to create and to share projects of an ... If the following
      describes you, then you just may be. interested in project(s) available

      http://www.tinyelf.com

      TinyELF - COSMAC 1802 Microprocessor / Computer Emulator for Learn computing theory with TinyELF,
      an 1802 computer emulator and tutorial for Mac OS X. ... TinyELF for Mac OS X brings emulation of
      1802-based microcomputers to the Macintosh platform, and runs on OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or greater

      http://www.freebase.com

      RCA 1802 facts - Freebase The RCA CDP1802, also known as the COSMAC (Complementary Symmetry
      Monolithic Array Computer), is an 8-bit CMOS microprocessor (µP) introduced by RCA ... The RCA
      CDP1802, also known as the COSMAC (Complementary Symmetry Monolithic Array Computer), is an 8-bit
      CMOS microprocessor (µP) introduced by RCA

      http://www.edxelectronics.com

      EDX / Electronic Components In Stock / Call 888-505-4104 CDP1802 1802ACE. 184. RFQ. BUY NOW! Make
      Offer. CDP1802ACE. HARRIS CORPORATION I. CDP1802ACE ... CDP1802 1802ACE. 891. RFQ. BUY NOW! Make
      Offer. CDP1802ACE. HARRIS CORPORATION I. CDP1802ACE

      http://www.intersil.com

      Application Note amplifier, the CDP1802 incorporates all necessary start/stop ... be used to clock
      the CDP1802 are shown in Figure 5. When. an external clock is used in

      http://www.tinymicros.com

      File:CDP1802 MPM-201A Users Manual 1976.pdf - Wiki CDP1802 Users Manual, MPM-201A, 1976, Scan. File
      history. Click on a date/time to view the ... (category:PDF Files CDP1802 Users Manual, MPM-201A,
      1976, Scan) Edit this file using an external application (See the setup

      http://www.sparetimegizmos.com

      COSMAC Elf 2000 The good news about the COSMAC Elf was that the CDP1802 had a built in "loader"
      mode that allowed you to ... Unfortunately I disassembled my Elf after a few years to use the parts
      in other projects, but fortunately I did save the RCA CDP1802 CPU chip

      http://www.findchips.com

      Find CDP1802 Stock and Compare Prices Across the Most FindChips - CDP1802 stock and pricing
      instantly through the industrys fastest IC search. CDP1802 price, CDP1802 inventory, CDP1802
      datasheet from over 20 franchised distributors instantly and free

      http://www.computinghistory.org.uk

      Computing History - RCA 1800 CDP1802 COSMAC Microprocessor RCA 1800 CDP1802 COSMAC Microprocessor
      Instructions16 pages

      http://www.inventio.co.uk

      Howerd Oakford : CV part 2 Amstrad CPC6128 host in Z80 polyForth and CDP1802 target used as remote
      data multiplexer. ... Hardware and software design.The original portable design using CDP1802
      microForth, was developed by Howerd Oakford as an employee of Sinar

      http://www.cpu-world.com

      RCA 1802 (CDP1802) microprocessor family RCA 1802 (CDP1802) microprocessor family. CPU " 1802. RCA
      1802 (CDP1802) is an 8-bit microprocessor, and it was one of the first, if not the first, CMOS
      processors. The 1802 had low power consumption, wide range of operating voltages and military
      operating temperature range

      http://www.codeproject.com

      CDP1802 - Professional Profile - CodeProject CDP1802 - Professional Profile - Free source code and
      tutorials for Software developers and Architects

      http://www.msarnoff.org

      1802 - CDP1802 CMOS 8-bit microprocessor - msarnoff.org ChipDB 1802. CDP1802 CMOS 8-bit
      microprocessor. PDF datasheet. CLOCK. 1. • 40. VDD ... (typical values under recommended operating
      conditions, unless specified)

      http://inetctrl.sourceforge.net

      iNetCtrl XMMS Plugin V1.2 XMMS iNetCtl Plugin V1.2. by Gerry Duprey Overview. XMMS Network control
      plugin iNetControl allows a client on a local or remote system to be able to control the XMMS
      player via an easy to use/parse text line oriented interface

      http://www.aquaporin4.com

      A COSMAC Monitor A COSMAC CDP1802, CDP1854 Monitor. by J.H. Thurm. from. May 1980 Issue of Kilobaud
      Microcomputing. Download Article Pages. Page One. Page Two. Page Three. Page Four. Page Five. Page
      Six. Page Seven

      http://www.hobbylabs.org

      K-elf Earlier I knew the RCA CDP1802 from early Finnish computers Telmac ... One unique feature of
      the CDP1802 is the load mode, which makes it possible to make a ROM-less design with only a few
      external components (Altair8800

      http://en.wikipedia.org

      RCA 1802 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The RCA CDP1802, also known as the COSMAC
      (Complementary Symmetry Monolithic Array ... The CDP1802 has a built-in DMA controller, having two
      DMA request lines for DMA input and

      http://www.hpcalc.org

      HP 48 Programming Files for the PC Chipper is a toy assembler for a toy language called Chip-8,
      which is a video game interpreter commonly found on RCA CDP1802 based home computers in the late
      1970's. Chip-48 emulates the original Chip-8 instruction set precisely, except for the calling of
      CDP1802 routines

      http://www.decodesystems.com

      RCA COS/MAC Microprocessor Trainers The RCA CDP1802 COSMAC microprocessor is a one-chip CMOS 8-bit
      register-oriented central processing unit introduced in 1976. ... This lower complexity permits us
      to manufacture the CDP1802 in CMOS at a cost comparable to NMOS and PMOS competition with its more
      complicated logic

      http://dictionary.babylon.com

      1802 definition by Babylon's free dictionary Definition of 1802 ... An 8-bit microprocessor
      currently manufactured as CDP1802 by HARRIS Semiconductor. It has been around for ten years at
      least and is ideally suited for embedded applications

      http://mess.redump.net

      Cosmac VIP (VP-711) [vip] [MESS] CDP1802. 1.76064 MHz. Display. 100×246 at 60 Hz (Raster, no
      rotation) Sound. Channels: 1. Beep ... system, vip, rca, 1977, cdp1802, quickload, cassette. Table
      of

      http://homepage.mac.com

      CDP1802A, CDP1802AC, CDP1802BC The CDP1802 family of CMOS microprocessors are 8-bit. register
      oriented central processing ... The CDP1802 types include all of the circuits required for

      http://www.oldcomputers.net

      RCA COSMAC VIP You can use CDP1802 microprocessor machine language, or enter the interpreter
      program to use the simple CHIP-8 programming language provided. ... An on-board interface for all
      CDP1802 microprocessor lines, on-board provisions for an

      http://www.cedmagic.com

      COSMAC CDP1802 CMOS 8-Bit Microprocessor The CDP1802 family of CMOS microprocessors are 8-bit.
      register oriented central processing ... The CDP1802 types include all of the circuits required for

      http://www.vintchip.com

      VINTCHIP.COM LATEST UPDATES RCA CDP1802. RCAs FIRST SINGLE CHIP MICROPROCESSOR. INTEL 3101. INTELs
      FIRST PRODUCT - RARE GOLD TOP VERSION ... FROM A 1970s FAILURE ANALYSIS ENGINEER - INCLUDING
      UNFINISHED FLATPACKS
    • Chuck Bigham
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 30, 2011
        BeeDee wrote:

        There might be some websites (& info) here that you haven't seen before:

        http://www.bramblyhill.com

        Brambly Hill | RAM Test Rig In which I use one low-powered microcontroller to fix another

        low-powered, obsolete microcontroller. ... cdp1802. clean up. construction. elf. elf2k.

        embarassment. gardening. greenhouse. maintenance

        ----------------------------------------------------------------- I know that one. The direct link to the 1802 goodies on that site is: http://www.bramblyhill.com/page/Hardware-ELFs.aspx. Unless you want to read about my sailboat, my gardens, my telescope or my kids... Chuck

      • Bee Dee
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 30, 2011
          Yes, I should have noted that the links are to the main website and
          not to the actual pages that reference the 1802, so you will have to
          do a site-specific search or otherwise look around. (for those that are
          not 1802-specific site-wide)

          The information was gathered by some site that gathers information
          based on keywords, and then provides the link to the site, with some
          gathered text that describes what is there.

          --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Bigham <chuck@...> wrote:
          > ----------------------------------------------------------------- I know that one. The direct link to the 1802 goodies on that site is: http://www.bramblyhill.com/page/Hardware-ELFs.aspx. Unless you want to read about my sailboat, my gardens, my telescope or my kids... Chuck
        • rarecoinbuyer
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 17, 2012
            --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Bee Dee" <bd@...> wrote:

            > http://www.intersil.com
            >
            > Application Note amplifier, the CDP1802 incorporates all necessary start/stop ... be used to clock
            > the CDP1802 are shown in Figure 5. When. an external clock is used in

            Wow! They are charging $100 a processor. I am not sending the 1802 to space.

            Are there places to find 1802 processors at more down to earth prices?
          • rileym65
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 17, 2012
              Ebay is your best bet for finding an affordable one. If you cannot find one there, contact me and maybe we can work out a deal for one of mine.
              Mike

            • rdoerr@bizserve.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 17, 2012
                Some of them show up here for sale:

                http://www.findchips.com/avail?part=cdp1802

                Ebay is your best bet for finding an affordable one. If you cannot find one there, contact me and maybe we can work out a deal for one of mine.
                Mike

                --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "rarecoinbuyer" <rarecoinbuyer@...> wrote:

                > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Bee Dee" <bd@> wrote:
                > >

                > > http://www.intersil.com
                > >
                > > Application Note amplifier, the CDP1802 incorporates all necessary start/stop ... be used to clock
                > > the CDP1802 are shown in Figure 5. When. an external clock is used in
                > >

                > Wow! They are charging $100 a processor. I am not sending the 1802 to space.
                >
                > Are there places to find 1802 processors at more down to earth prices?

              • David W. Schultz
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 17, 2012
                  On 01/17/2012 12:39 PM, rarecoinbuyer wrote:

                  > Wow! They are charging $100 a processor. I am not sending the 1802 to space.
                  >
                  > Are there places to find 1802 processors at more down to earth prices?

                  If you don't insist on the 1802 there always seem to be 1804s available
                  at very reasonable prices on E-bay:

                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-x-Cosmac-IC-CDP1804ACE-Upgrade-CDP1802AC-Bonus-/330670165950?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfd7a4fbe

                  The current lot of 20 includes 5 1852s as a bonus. Currently yours for $16.

                  --
                  David W. Schultz
                  "Put down that pickle!"
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 17, 2012
                    Thanks. I saw those.

                    However, I could not find a datasheet on them anywhere on the web. I am assuming they are software and pin compatible with the 1802 but I couldn't find out for sure.

                    --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "David W. Schultz" <david.schultz@...> wrote:

                    > On 01/17/2012 12:39 PM, rarecoinbuyer wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Wow! They are charging $100 a processor. I am not sending the 1802 to space.
                    > >
                    > > Are there places to find 1802 processors at more down to earth prices?
                    > >

                    > If you don't insist on the 1802 there always seem to be 1804s available
                    > at very reasonable prices on E-bay:
                    >
                    > http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-x-Cosmac-IC-CDP1804ACE-Upgrade-CDP1802AC-Bonus-/330670165950?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfd7a4fbe
                    >
                    > The current lot of 20 includes 5 1852s as a bonus. Currently yours for $16.
                    >

                    > --
                    > David W. Schultz
                    > http://home.earthlink.net/~david.schultz
                    > "Put down that pickle!"

                  • Bee Dee
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 17, 2012
                      You usually shouldn't have to pay more than about US$6.00 for a CDP1802
                      these days, and you might get them for around US$4.00. You just have
                      to look around. If you can't find one (or find one at a decent price),
                      contact me via messaging.

                      - Bill D
                      ... CRAV Computing Hobbyist : Classic/Retro/Antique/Vintage
                      ..... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cravcomp/
                      ..... http://www.donnelly-house.net/
                    • rileym65
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 17, 2012
                        Here is the docs on the 1804:
                        http://homepage.mac.com/ruske/cosmacelf/cdp1804.pdf

                        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "rarecoinbuyer" <rarecoinbuyer@...> wrote:

                        > Thanks. I saw those.
                        >
                        > However, I could not find a datasheet on them anywhere on the web. I am assuming they are software and pin compatible with the 1802 but I couldn't find out for sure.
                        >

                        > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "David W. Schultz" <david.schultz@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > On 01/17/2012 12:39 PM, rarecoinbuyer wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Wow! They are charging $100 a processor. I am not sending the 1802 to space.
                        > > >
                        > > > Are there places to find 1802 processors at more down to earth prices?
                        > > >

                        > > If you don't insist on the 1802 there always seem to be 1804s available
                        > > at very reasonable prices on E-bay:
                        > >
                        > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-x-Cosmac-IC-CDP1804ACE-Upgrade-CDP1802AC-Bonus-/330670165950?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfd7a4fbe
                        > >
                        > > The current lot of 20 includes 5 1852s as a bonus. Currently yours for $16.
                        > >

                        > > --
                        > > David W. Schultz
                        > > http://home.earthlink.net/~david.schultz
                        > > "Put down that pickle!"

                      • David W. Schultz
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jan 17, 2012
                          On 01/17/2012 06:11 PM, rarecoinbuyer wrote:
                          > Thanks. I saw those.
                          >
                          > However, I could not find a datasheet on them anywhere on the web. I
                          > am assuming they are software and pin compatible with the 1802 but I
                          > couldn't find out for sure.

                          The one significant difference is that they don't have a load mode.

                          --
                          David W. Schultz
                          "Put down that pickle!"
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 20, 2012
                            --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "David W. Schultz" wrote:

                            > The one significant difference is that they don't have a load mode.
                            >
                            > David W. Schultz

                            That explains why they are so cheap. Thanks for the heads up.
                          • Bee Dee
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jan 20, 2012
                              No, I think the 04/05/06 chips are cheaper because they are newer and
                              more used than the older 1802-style. (could be wrong about that)

                              The CDP1804 has a built-in ROM. (or PROM? -- I don't know if it can be
                              reprogrammed or disabled)

                              And all three have the extended instruction set.

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jan 20, 2012
                                I love the datasheet. The 1804 has, quote, "113 easy-to-use instructions".

                                The 64 bytes of internal RAM is only available to a program if it is running from the internal maskable ROM. In practice, since it's mask ROM, you would have to have some, presumably, fairly specialized equipment to make use of that ability of the chip.

                                Fortunately, you can put the 1804 in a "Test" mode that disables internal ROM and RAM and allows it to run from external memory.

                                Heck, 1804 chips only cost 50 cents. Might be fun to dink around with.

                                I love the fact that the 180x chips can run at any clock rate. My background is 6502, so that ability is quite interesting to me. Might make for some fun very simple flashy lights or sound effects projects.

                                --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Bee Dee" <bd@...> wrote:

                                > No, I think the 04/05/06 chips are cheaper because they are newer and
                                > more used than the older 1802-style. (could be wrong about that)
                                >
                                > The CDP1804 has a built-in ROM. (or PROM? -- I don't know if it can be
                                > reprogrammed or disabled)
                                >
                                > And all three have the extended instruction set.
                                >

                                > - Bill D
                                > ... CRAV Computing Hobbyist : Classic/Retro/Antique/Vintage
                                > ..... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cravcomp/
                                > ..... http://www.donnelly-house.net/

                              • David W. Schultz
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jan 20, 2012
                                  On 01/20/2012 12:41 PM, rarecoinbuyer wrote:

                                  > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "David W. Schultz" wrote:
                                  >

                                  >> The one significant difference is that they don't have a load mode.
                                  >>
                                  >> David W. Schultz
                                  >>

                                  > That explains why they are so cheap. Thanks for the heads up.

                                  They are still excellent chips and have been enhanced with some extra
                                  instructions and a timer. No need to code up SCRT for instance. The only
                                  thing you have to watch out for is that the behaviour of the WAIT and
                                  CLEAR pins is a bit different. Both low is test mode (internal ROM and
                                  RAM disabled) rather than load mode.

                                  I purchased a set from this seller because I thought they might be fun
                                  to play with. What I am thinking about now is a design centered around
                                  the WIZnet W5100 Ethernet module.

                                  --
                                  David W. Schultz
                                  "Put down that pickle!"
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jan 20, 2012
                                    On 1/20/2012 12:41 PM, rarecoinbuyer wrote:
                                    >> The one significant difference is that they don't have a load mode.
                                    > That explains why they are so cheap. Thanks for the heads up.

                                    There's nothing wrong with the 1804/5/6. In fact, they are better than
                                    the 1802 in some respects and *almost* pin-compatible.

                                    They have a timer, and some extra instructions that are nice if you
                                    write your own programs (and it will still run 1802 programs just fine).
                                    They have a small amount of internal RAM and ROM. The ROM will have some
                                    useless program in it, but you can disable it with TEST mode. TEST mode
                                    replaces the 1802's LOAD mode.

                                    The lack of LOAD mode is the main shortcoming for using an 1804/5/6 in
                                    in an Elf-type computer that uses Load mode with toggle switches to
                                    input programs. But if you're not using LOAD mode, the 1804/5/6 will
                                    work fine in place of an 1802.

                                    The 1802's VCC pin is replaced with the EMS pin on an 1804/5/6. This pin
                                    is an *output* that tells you when it is addressing internal/external
                                    memory.

                                    --
                                    Never doubt that the work of a small group of thoughtful, committed
                                    has! -- Margaret Mead
                                    Lee A. Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, leeahart at earthlink.net
                                  • Bee Dee
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jan 20, 2012
                                      Here are some (66) used 1802 pulls for only $2.50 each.

                                      If I had the money, I'd buy some just to have them.

                                      http://www.electronicsurplus.com/Item/9685/RCA%20-%20IC_%20CMOS%208-Bit%20Microprocessors%20%20PULLS%20-%20CDP1802ACE/

                                      - Bill D
                                      ... CRAV Computing Hobbyist : Classic/Retro/Antique/Vintage
                                      ..... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cravcomp/
                                      ..... http://www.donnelly-house.net/
                                    • questsuperelf
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jan 20, 2012
                                        Actually, I used that very same $2.50 chip on my Elf 2K. It did have some kind of marking on it like in that photo but it rubbed right off with very little effort. I bought a few of these chips and they work perfectly. Too bad they don't have 1861s in stock. :)
                                        -Nick

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jan 21, 2012
                                          --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Bee Dee" <bd@...> wrote:

                                          > Here are some (66) used 1802 pulls for only $2.50 each.
                                          >
                                          > If I had the money, I'd buy some just to have them.
                                          >
                                          > http://www.electronicsurplus.com/Item/9685/RCA%20-%20IC_%20CMOS%208-Bit%20Microprocessors%20%20PULLS%20-%20CDP1802ACE/

                                          Bummer.

                                          Someone bought all of them before I could get any. So it goes. :-(
                                        • Bee Dee

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jan 21, 2012
                                              --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Bee Dee" <bd@...> wrote:

                                              > Yeah, that was a pretty good price. Even for used. They have new for
                                              > ~$9, which is a little high. You can get them cheaper elsewhere.

                                              Yeah, $2.50 for a used 1802 seemed like a square deal. Apparently someone really liked the price.
                                            • corecoder
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jan 23, 2012
                                                Whew! I bought 15 of 'em a couple of weeks ago. Glad I did.