ElfAsm.zip

  • druske <dave@ruske.net>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
      I've just uploaded ElfAsm.zip to the files area. A person named Qi Wenmin contacted me a short while ago, telling me he was in the process of writing an assembler for TinyELF (the emulator for Palm OS). This file represents the first fruits of his labor.

      Source files are entered as memos in the handheld's MemoPad application, after which ElfAsm can locate the source and compile it directly to TinyELF's database. There's a brief readme.txt file in the archive.

      Right now, Qi tells me that there is no support for placing arbitrary data bytes in the program. His intent is to release this soon as an open source project on SourceForge (something I hope to get around to with TinyELF itself one of these days).

      Have fun!

      Dave
    • Bill Rowe
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
        Dave: I would play more with Tiny Elf if there was a way to simulate parallel I/O - particularly keyboard input. Is there a way to do that?
        I've just uploaded ElfAsm.zip to the files area. A person named Qi Wenmin contacted me a short while ago, telling me he was in the process of writing an assembler for TinyELF (the emulator for Palm OS). This file represents the first fruits of his labor.

        Source files are entered as memos in the handheld's MemoPad application, after which ElfAsm can locate the source and compile it directly to TinyELF's database. There's a brief readme.txt file in the archive.

        Right now, Qi tells me that there is no support for placing arbitrary data bytes in the program. His intent is to release this soon as an open source project on SourceForge (something I hope to get around to with TinyELF itself one of these days).

        Have fun!

        Dave

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • druske <dave@ruske.net>
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
          I do have a version that allows Graffiti to simulate either an ASCII
          keyboard (parallel input using an EF line as a strobe) or to simulate
          hex keypad presses... works really great if you have a Palm keyboard
          of some sort. You can switch the behavior of the Graffiti/keyboard
          input on the preferences dialog. I'd been holding it back until I had
          some import apps written, but time hasn't allowed me to get at it yet.

          I'll try to get the new version minimally documented and uploaded in
          the next day or two. I'm going to also document the (very simple)
          record format of the database used to store ELF programs, perhaps
          someone else would like to have a crack at writing an import/export
          utility.

          One question: what input port and EF line did the Netronics parallel
          keyboard typically use? EF2 and EF3 are available in the emulator, and
          I'd anticipate using an even-numbered input port, since hitting any
          odd-numbered port will trigger Pixie graphics (consistent, I believe,
          with the behavior of a basic ELF II).

          Dave

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
            Boy - it would be best if the port and EF line were configurable. There seems to be a wide variance in the hardware. In reality, my Elf used EF3 and Port 7. The Super Elf seems to have been EF2 and Port 5.

            As an actual choice, how about EF2 & Port 2.