ELF2K

  • didio4@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2011
      For those of you who are not aware, whenever Bob produces a set of boards for sale, he has to front the money to the PCB manufacturer to get them produced. Then he sells them to anyone who would like to have them. He needs to sell a certain number to recoup his costs and until he does so, he is on the hook for the costs of the PCBs.

      Perhaps we should start a list on our site and have people sign up for the various boards, along with pre-paying Bob so he does not have to front the costs. This would alleviate many problems as he would know if there are enough requests to warrant production as well as decrease his risks associated with purchasing the PCBs.

      Any thoughts on this?

    • Bob Armstrong
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2011
        > pre-paying Bob so he does not have to front the costs.

        Ummmm, I appreciate the sentiment but pre-payment is a big no-no for both
        PayPal and Google. Believe me, we don't want to go down that path.
        Fronting the production costs and praying that you'll be able to sell most
        of the inventory is just part of being in business. Actually for PCBs
        alone I don't worry that much as long as I think they'll eventually sell -
        it's just for really expensive stuff (like SBC6120 kits!) that I get
        nervous.

        Bob