SUPRMON manual?

  • Kenneth
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2011
      Hello,

      A friend of mine recently gave me a Quest Super Elf, and a Super Expansion Board. They need some TLC, but they look like they should work again without too much effort.

      I found the manuals for the Super Elf, and the Super Expansion Board in the files section of this group, but I don't see the manual for the SUPRMON. Is it available?

      I did search the archives, and I see a lot of discussion with Paul Messinger about scanning manuals, and even the SUPRMON source code. Did that ever get uploaded to the net anywhere?

      Thanks!

      ___
      Ken
    • aa3nm
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2011
        Ken,

        I have it and will scan/post it as soon as I can.

        On Paul, to the best of my knowledge none of that ever happened. Several members all attempted to work through those issues on various occasions since ~2001 or 2 ( I may have been among the first).

        I think all that has been overtaken by other events...

        Back in the spring I finally tracked down the former owner of Quest Electronics, had a couple of telephone conversations and Email exchanges with him. Roger expressed his preferences that ALL the Quest documentation/software etc marked with the Quest Copyright be freely distributed for hobby use AND that it should be marked such with attribution to Roger Pitkin.

        He agreed that the easiest and most reliable approach is by applying the Creative Commons mark that should be in the Quest SuperElf Documentation folder.

        Long story short - scan to PDF, attach CC release marking and launch it.

        Let me see if I can do that before you finish reading this and reply...

        Be well,

        Steve

        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <ksumrall@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > A friend of mine recently gave me a Quest Super Elf, and a Super Expansion Board. They need some TLC, but they look like they should work again without too much effort.
        >
        > I found the manuals for the Super Elf, and the Super Expansion Board in the files section of this group, but I don't see the manual for the SUPRMON. Is it available?
        >
        > I did search the archives, and I see a lot of discussion with Paul Messinger about scanning manuals, and even the SUPRMON source code. Did that ever get uploaded to the net anywhere?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > ___
        > Ken

      • somaspack
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8, 2011
          Hi Steve,

          Thanks for the manual upload. I did not see the hex dump of the EPROM. If you don't have that, I do. Please let me know and I will scan and upload.

          Kudos to Roger for releasing this information!

          Best wishes.

          Scott

          --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "aa3nm" <steve@...> wrote:

          > Ken,
          >
          > I have it and will scan/post it as soon as I can.
          >
          > On Paul, to the best of my knowledge none of that ever happened. Several members all attempted to work through those issues on various occasions since ~2001 or 2 ( I may have been among the first).
          >
          > I think all that has been overtaken by other events...
          >
          > Back in the spring I finally tracked down the former owner of Quest Electronics, had a couple of telephone conversations and Email exchanges with him. Roger expressed his preferences that ALL the Quest documentation/software etc marked with the Quest Copyright be freely distributed for hobby use AND that it should be marked such with attribution to Roger Pitkin.
          >
          > He agreed that the easiest and most reliable approach is by applying the Creative Commons mark that should be in the Quest SuperElf Documentation folder.
          >
          > Long story short - scan to PDF, attach CC release marking and launch it.
          >
          > Let me see if I can do that before you finish reading this and reply...
          >

          > Be well,
          >
          > Steve
          >

          > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <ksumrall@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > A friend of mine recently gave me a Quest Super Elf, and a Super Expansion Board. They need some TLC, but they look like they should work again without too much effort.
          > >
          > > I found the manuals for the Super Elf, and the Super Expansion Board in the files section of this group, but I don't see the manual for the SUPRMON. Is it available?
          > >
          > > I did search the archives, and I see a lot of discussion with Paul Messinger about scanning manuals, and even the SUPRMON source code. Did that ever get uploaded to the net anywhere?
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >
          > > ___
          > > Ken

        • aa3nm
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2011
            Scott,

            Nope I don't have that, I'd like to.

            If you can and don't mind a scan would be great.

            I have been able to get Adobe to add the Creative Commons .jpg (in the documentation folder) as a watermark and was able to constrain it to the first page at the bottom without too much trouble.

            Thanks,

            Steve

            --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "somaspack" <somaspack@...> wrote:

            > Hi Steve,
            >
            > Thanks for the manual upload. I did not see the hex dump of the EPROM. If you don't have that, I do. Please let me know and I will scan and upload.
            >
            > Kudos to Roger for releasing this information!
            >
            > Best wishes.
            >
            > Scott
            >
            > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "aa3nm" <steve@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Ken,
            > >
            > > I have it and will scan/post it as soon as I can.
            > >
            > > On Paul, to the best of my knowledge none of that ever happened. Several members all attempted to work through those issues on various occasions since ~2001 or 2 ( I may have been among the first).
            > >
            > > I think all that has been overtaken by other events...
            > >
            > > Back in the spring I finally tracked down the former owner of Quest Electronics, had a couple of telephone conversations and Email exchanges with him. Roger expressed his preferences that ALL the Quest documentation/software etc marked with the Quest Copyright be freely distributed for hobby use AND that it should be marked such with attribution to Roger Pitkin.
            > >
            > > He agreed that the easiest and most reliable approach is by applying the Creative Commons mark that should be in the Quest SuperElf Documentation folder.
            > >
            > > Long story short - scan to PDF, attach CC release marking and launch it.
            > >
            > > Let me see if I can do that before you finish reading this and reply...
            > >

            > > Be well,
            > >
            > > Steve
            > >

            > > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <ksumrall@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello,
            > > >
            > > > A friend of mine recently gave me a Quest Super Elf, and a Super Expansion Board. They need some TLC, but they look like they should work again without too much effort.
            > > >
            > > > I found the manuals for the Super Elf, and the Super Expansion Board in the files section of this group, but I don't see the manual for the SUPRMON. Is it available?
            > > >
            > > > I did search the archives, and I see a lot of discussion with Paul Messinger about scanning manuals, and even the SUPRMON source code. Did that ever get uploaded to the net anywhere?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks!
            > > >
            > > > ___
            > > > Ken

          • Kenneth
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2011
              Woot! Thanks Scott!

              My friend who gave me the Super Elf and Super Expansion Board was kind enough to dump the SUPRMON EPROM before he gave it to me. I'll upload it to the files area too. The label on the EPROM says:

              SUPR
              MON
              8098
              V1.1
              2708

              I have no idea what the 8098 means, but the rest is pretty obvious. It will be interesting to see if the V1.1 ROM I have has the same contents as the hexdump from the SUPRMON manual.

              ___
              Ken

              --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "aa3nm" <steve@...> wrote:

              > Scott,
              >
              > Nope I don't have that, I'd like to.
              >
              > If you can and don't mind a scan would be great.
              >
              > I have been able to get Adobe to add the Creative Commons .jpg (in the documentation folder) as a watermark and was able to constrain it to the first page at the bottom without too much trouble.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Steve
              >

              > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "somaspack" <somaspack@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Steve,
              > >
              > > Thanks for the manual upload. I did not see the hex dump of the EPROM. If you don't have that, I do. Please let me know and I will scan and upload.
              > >
              > > Kudos to Roger for releasing this information!
              > >
              > > Best wishes.
              > >
              > > Scott
              > >
              > > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "aa3nm" <steve@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Ken,
              > > >
              > > > I have it and will scan/post it as soon as I can.
              > > >
              > > > On Paul, to the best of my knowledge none of that ever happened. Several members all attempted to work through those issues on various occasions since ~2001 or 2 ( I may have been among the first).
              > > >
              > > > I think all that has been overtaken by other events...
              > > >
              > > > Back in the spring I finally tracked down the former owner of Quest Electronics, had a couple of telephone conversations and Email exchanges with him. Roger expressed his preferences that ALL the Quest documentation/software etc marked with the Quest Copyright be freely distributed for hobby use AND that it should be marked such with attribution to Roger Pitkin.
              > > >
              > > > He agreed that the easiest and most reliable approach is by applying the Creative Commons mark that should be in the Quest SuperElf Documentation folder.
              > > >
              > > > Long story short - scan to PDF, attach CC release marking and launch it.
              > > >
              > > > Let me see if I can do that before you finish reading this and reply...
              > > >

              > > > Be well,
              > > >
              > > > Steve

            • Paul Backhouse
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 10, 2011
                Seen this....?

                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270813929159

                (No vested interest)

              • whd_whd_whd
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 13, 2011
                  Always happens when I don't have any money. At about $150 so far.

                  --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Backhouse" <paul@...> wrote:

                  > Seen this....?
                  >
                  > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270813929159
                  >
                  > (No vested interest)
                • somaspack
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 15, 2011
                    Holy cow! This sold for $565! I won't tell my father that the box of 'old' computers he threw out was worth that, and more.

                    --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "whd_whd_whd" <bd@...> wrote:

                    > Always happens when I don't have any money. At about $150 so far.
                    >
                    > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Backhouse" <paul@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Seen this....?
                    > >
                    > > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270813929159
                    > >
                    > > (No vested interest)

                  • captlightyear
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 25, 2013
                      Thank you for downloading the Quest Super Elf manual and thanks to Steve Gemeny for the rest of the documentation. I built my Quest Super Elf thirty plus years or so ago and after I moved on to other things, it was put in my basement. I recently wanted to use a low power microprocessor for a project I was doing and for some reason thought of the 1802. After some search I found my old Quest Super Elf, looking very forlorn in the box I had stored it in. Unfortunately, over the years the documentation became separated from the unit and I was at a loss until I found this cosmacelf group. I no longer need the 1802 for my project but with the documentation you provided, I think I will bring my old Quest Super Elf back to life. It is missing a few pieces including the PROM monitor but with the monitor code that was posted, I can burn that easy enough. Thanks again for your help to resuscitate my Super Elf and bring it back to life. BTW, if anyone has a spare 'M' key or supplier of keys for the Super Elf, let me know, mine has disappeared.