Re: siren

  • ted_rossin
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2011
      I wrote one when I was a teenager years ago using a speaker on the Q line. I don't have the piece of paper with the code anymore but it was basically two nested loops. The inner loop counted from 0 to Limit where Limit was determined by the value of the outer loop. In C code (which you could use if you download my compiler for the 1802 http://www.tedrossin.0sites.net/Electronics/RCA/RCA.html#Compiler ) it would be:

      /*
      * siren.c: Little program to wiggle the Q line to make tones.
      */

      #define MAX 500
      #define MIN 10

      int main()
      {
      unsigned int Limit;
      unsigned int Inner;

      while(1){
      for(Limit=MAX;Limit>MIN;Limit--){
      OUT4=Limit;
      for(Inner=0;Inner<Limit;Inner++);
      Q = 1;
      for(Inner=0;Inner<Limit;Inner++);
      Q = 0;
      }
      }
      }

      I only have my simulator handy at work so I didn't tune the MIN and MAX value but it should make some noise.

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, serenata@... wrote:

      > Can anyone send me a 1802 siren program? A police siren or whatever you may have will do. My grandson and granddaughter are happy to hear it some day.
      > Thanks

    • aurelbois_ca
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4, 2011
        I just Uploaded a file called ELF-Siren.JPG.
        Hope this get you started. I got that program a long time ago
        from an 1802 Newsletter I subscribed to in the 80's.
        Have fun!
        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, serenata@... wrote:

        > Can anyone send me a 1802 siren program? A police siren or whatever you may have will do. My grandson and granddaughter are happy to hear it some day.
        > Thanks

      • Eric Tchong
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2011
          Thanks a lot. Those Newsletters are still a goldmine of ideas.

          Can you tell me the name of this Newsletter?

          --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cosmacelf%40yahoogroups.com> ,
          serenata@... wrote:

          > Can anyone send me a 1802 siren program? A police siren or whatever you
          may have will do. My grandson and granddaughter are happy to hear it some
          day.
          > Thanks

          http://www.eset.com

        • A. Boisvert
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5, 2011
            It was called Club 1802. I just remembered that I had this program
            somewhere when you requested if one was available somewhere.
            I never tried it somehow, hope it is what you wanted and that there are
            not big bugs in it.
            I no longer have full copies of that Newsletter.
            Aurel

            Bonne Journée!

            serenata@... wrote:

            > Can anyone send me a 1802 siren program? A police siren or whatever you
            may have will do. My grandson and granddaughter are happy to hear it some
            day.
            > Thanks

            http://www.eset.com

          • Eric Tchong
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 5, 2011
              Thanks a lot. Now I have edited my asm file so it reflects the correct
              source.

              Whenever you come across some file that may be of interest, do share it with
              our group.

              Always like the nostalgic good old days of 1802 programming.

              Merci Aurel.

              Eric

              From: cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cosmacelf%40yahoogroups.com>
              serenata@... wrote:

              > Can anyone send me a 1802 siren program? A police siren or whatever you
              may have will do. My grandson and granddaughter are happy to hear it some
              day.
              > Thanks

              http://www.eset.com

              http://www.eset.com