CDP Family Chip Source

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
      Does anyone happen to know a source of original CDP family chips? Would sure like to have some of the originals about. Not so much the CDP memory chips (although a few of the silicon-on-saphire versions would be nice), but more the peripheral port and logic chips. I have a specific need for two CDP1878s. But, the others, in particular the 1851, 1853, and 1877, would be great too.

      P. Todd
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
        On 8/1/2010 5:44 PM, Todd wrote:
        > Does anyone happen to know a source of original CDP family chips?

        Try eBay. A search for CDP18* usually produces 50-100 hits.

        Prices are of course all over the place. Some will be outrageously high,
        with superlatives like vintage, rare, or collectible. Others are reasonable.

      • Todd
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
          Jackpot! Don't know why I didn't think of eBay before.

          > On 8/1/2010 5:44 PM, Todd wrote:
          > > Does anyone happen to know a source of original CDP family chips?
          >
          > Try eBay. A search for CDP18* usually produces 50-100 hits.
          >
          > Prices are of course all over the place. Some will be outrageously high,
          > with superlatives like vintage, rare, or collectible. Others are reasonable.
          >
          > --
          > Lee A. Hart | Ring the bells that still can ring
          > 814 8th Ave N | Forget the perfect offering
          > Sartell MN 56377 | There is a crack in everything
          > leeahart earthlink.net | That's how the light gets in -- Leonard Cohen

        • Geordy Rostad
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
            This place seems to have even better prices than eBay on the 1802 chips themselves:

            http://www.electronicsurplus.com/SearchResults.aspx?Keyword=1802