Re: Please RUN 2 programs

  • wa9hsl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2010
      It would be a little easier to debug if you would include the source for the programs. Also you need to state whether or not the ELF II includes memory expansion or not.

      The Elf 2k decodes the upper 8 bits of the address and it does matter whether or not you have real memory there or not. An un-expanded Elf does not decode those bits and can usually run a program that ignores the upper 8 address bits. It's upper registers should be initialized anyway to eliminate confusion by someone not familiar with 1802 architecture.

      Program one does not appear to be initializing upper 8-bits of REG 4 which is declared the X register. It matters to the Elf 2k. The issue with program two is not as obvious but is likely a similar problem.

      As for the emulator programs I cannot make an accurate guess as I don't use them.

      al