Who can do a test on a real Quest Super Elf?

  • Marcel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2010
      Hi there,

      Could someone help me to do a test on a real Quest Super Elf?
      All I want is to know if the following two recordings are loadable (and runable) on a real Quest:

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3880958/counter.wav
      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3880958/counter.mp3

      The wav is generated via my emulator; mp3 just a conversion from the wav. The code just loads on 0000 and shows a counter on the TIL display, just to do 'something'. I also added some 'text' in the file stating something about a counter test for emulator genrated wav loading just to make it a few bytes longer.

      Anyway if someone could test this by connecting a PC audio out or headphone to the real Quest and load this via the Quest super monitor or Quest tape loader (I have a copy of the loader if you need that) it would be great. Note I need this mainly tested on a Quest, not an Elf II or other.....

      I need this to prove to our friend Paul that it is indeed possible to generate 'clean' wavs (or mp3s if that works) and distribute this to Quest Elf owners. I also talked to Richard about the ElfTools conversion which would be a solution too; however the ElfTools currently doesn't include location data in the wav.

      We have progressed a bit with Paul's collection. I already have some Super Basic releases (3.0, 5.0) converted. However according to Paul these were not the final versions, so I'm not allowed to distribute these as yet. Hopefully in some weeks/months and with the above test results we will have all this available including manuals.

      Regarding copyright questions, Paul is very clear on this! He has stated a few times to me that he indeed has ALL copyrights on the material he is intending to share.

      Cheers, Marcel.