Morse from Aruba

  • serenata@setarnet.aw
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2010
      I just finished a program that will generate Morse code using an ASCII keyboard. You can hear the Morse code via the Q output. I have tested this program with the fabulous Marcel's emulator from Holland as I don't have the Netronics ASCII keyboard. Will put the zip file in the files department. Enjoy good old 1802 stuff.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2010
        On 6/5/2010 7:59 AM, serenata@... wrote:
        > I just finished a program that will generate Morse code using an ASCII keyboard. You can hear the Morse code via the Q output. I have tested this program with the fabulous Marcel's emulator from Holland as I don't have the Netronics ASCII keyboard. Will put the zip file in the files department. Enjoy good old 1802 stuff.

        Cool! That's a classic.

        I did something similar around 1980 when I also had my ham license.
        Though mine used a keyer with a dot and dash paddle (push left for dots,
        right for dashes, squeeze to close both for dot-dash-dot-dash). You can
        actually send faster with a keyer than a qwerty keyboard (and no carpal
        tunnel).

      • Eric Tchong
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2010
          Yeah I also had those nice keyers too. Some are home built projects. Others
          built from those beautiful Heathkits. A piece of glorious morse time. Now
          you can become a radio ham without the morse code. Naturally I won't forget
          the nostalgic time that my Netronics Elf with my own RTTY teletype software
          program I had contact with other teletype aficionado's. The miracle that
          when I typed a character on my 1802 ELF II and somewhere in Russia a
          radioham watch the characters that I typed on his big noise making Model 15
          Teletype machines. What a fascinating time it was.

          My call was P43EC. (Still in the ARRL handbooks. Hi.)

          73 de P43EC

          Eric

          http://www.eset.com