RE: [cosmacelf] Excellent site ! glad to be a member.

  • Gemeny, Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2003
      Having recently built an ELF, added a 32K memory expansion board on a 44 pin
      proto board with decoding for a PROM and a MAX233 chip for rs-232
      conversion... I also added Quests Version of Tiny BASIC along with the
      Super Monitor Program and the I/O Routines all in the PROM.

      Result, basic elf, plug in card with 32 K of RAM and Tiny running RS232 into
      an HP95LX palmtop for I/O...

      Schematic is posted on the group files service along with the prom image...
      look for stuff from aa3nm and you'll find it.

      I should be able to copy proms as soon as I get my burner checked out.

      Steve
      aa3nm@... <mailto:aa3nm@...>

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2003
        Hi Will ,

        Thank's for the response ! I am looking forward to getting back into this and
        today I pulled out some extra HP 5082-7340's that have been sitting in my
        closet since I ordered them for my classic ELF project years ago. I had to
        order 5 displays for the minium order at that time. I am glad I saved them.
        Well here goes , the part's hunt is on !

        Dave

      • ws407c@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2003
          Steve, I was looking at your ELF and I am absolutely impressed ! I like the
          fact that you left the pixie circuit off board to preserve the simple
          uncluttered look of the orignal ELF. Nice idea for the rear 44 pin connection
          ! Yes , if you can supply a EPROM , I will gladly pay you for your time
          trouble and part.

          Dave