Documentation files

  • cdp1861 <richard.dienstknecht@mni.fh-gie
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
      Hi,

      after a while I've begun to work on the Elf tools again and need
      some help. I need several help files and am quite busy programming.
      It would be of great help if someone would write these
      documentations. There is no hurry, but it may be some work. Just
      imagine what kind of information is needed to write a program for
      the Elf. I thought of the following help files:

      - The CDP1802/05/06 (registers, instructions, DMA and interrupts ...)
      - Chip 8 (instructions, programming)
      - The Elf II (typical configuration)
      - The Super Elf (typical configuration)
      - anything I did not think of

      The Texts must be in rich text format (.RTF), one document for each
      topic. I'll do the rest to turn this into a help file.

      Anybody up to it?

      Richard
    • Gemeny, Steve
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
        Richard,

        I'll be happy to take the point on Super ELF related issues. The
        Documentation I have from Quest is quite complete and should be very
        helpful.

        As with any distributed work, it might be helpful to know the general
        structure that you'd like to apply to the lower level information. Starting
        with Rich Test is good, but some clue of how you'd like to see data
        presented below that level would be nice too.

        Any other contributors are welcome,

        Steve

        after a while I've begun to work on the Elf tools again and need
        some help. I need several help files and am quite busy programming.
        It would be of great help if someone would write these
        documentations. There is no hurry, but it may be some work. Just
        imagine what kind of information is needed to write a program for
        the Elf. I thought of the following help files:

        - The CDP1802/05/06 (registers, instructions, DMA and interrupts ...)
        - Chip 8 (instructions, programming)
        - The Elf II (typical configuration)
        - The Super Elf (typical configuration)
        - anything I did not think of

        The Texts must be in rich text format (.RTF), one document for each
        topic. I'll do the rest to turn this into a help file.

        Anybody up to it?

        Richard

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • CEO
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
          Hi Steve:

          Is your offer of Documentation on the Quest Super ELF still available?

          I will be glad to send to you some cash to make soem Xerox on that and ship
          it DHL.

          Let me know.

          I am now working on getting the Ron Cenker Super BASIC tape sampled into wav
          and probably converted to hex, but I still look for a better BASIC than this
          one.

          Even the Ron Cenkers BASIC uses floating point arithmetic, it was very
          primitive.

          If you have any idea on other BASIC for the Super ELF using Floating Point
          arithmetic better than Ron's one will be very welcome.

          Keep in touch.

          Nelson.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
            cdp1861 wrote:
            > after a while I've begun to work on the Elf tools again and need
            > some help. I need several help files and am quite busy programming.
            > It would be of great help if someone would write these
            > documentations. There is no hurry, but it may be some work. Just
            > imagine what kind of information is needed to write a program for
            > the Elf. I thought of the following help files:
            >
            > - The CDP1802/05/06 (registers, instructions, DMA and interrupts ...)

            Did you get the email I posted to cosmacelf.com just this week? It's a
            start.

            > - Chip 8 (instructions, programming)

            The cosmacelf.com site has a link to Paul Robson's page, which has a
            CHIP8 emulator and a lot of programs and documentation. A Google search
            will turn up more links to CHIP8 and all its variants for different
            computers.

            > - The Elf II (typical configuration)
            > - The Super Elf (typical configuration)
            > - anything I did not think of

            We have to think of the questions as well as the answers? :-) Good
            questions are even harder than good answers!

            > The Texts must be in rich text format (.RTF), one document for each
            > topic.

            What is .RTF? I don't think I've ever seen this extent name on a file.
            --
            Lee A. Hart Ring the bells that still can ring
            814 8th Ave. N. Forget your perfect offering
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
              Richard, so good of you to undertake this project.

              At 2/6/2003 Thursday 08:06 AM cdp1861
              <richard.dienstknecht@...-giessen.de> wrote:

              >The Texts must be in rich text format (.RTF), one document for each
              >topic. I'll do the rest to turn this into a help file.

              What's wrong with text/plain? Did you know there are other operating
              systems besides MS Windows? ;-)>

              Rich text will just encourage a proliferation of different formatting
              styles--a different style from each contributor.

              I hope you are not contemplating Windows .hlp as the primary format. Two
              better choices, universally used formats, are HTML and XML. Windows .hlp
              could come later.

              Thanks for your hard work.

              Regards,
              --
              Chris Johansen {johansen@...}
            • Chris Johansen
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
                At 2/6/2003 Thursday 03:20 PM Chris Johansen wrote:

                >Richard, so good of you to undertake this project.

                >What's wrong with text/plain?

                In the immortal words of Miss Emily Litella, " . . . never mind!"

                Regards,
                --
                Chris Johansen {johansen@...}