Re: [cosmacelf] Re: Membership board - Memory

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31, 2010
      RickC wrote:
      > I have a handful of HM6264P and HM6264LP... Can you tell me if these are
      > the low power parts?

      It's possible if they are 20 years old.

      It's easy to test. Stick one in a solderless breadboard socket. Wire all
      the address inputs, output enable, and write enable pins high. Measure
      the VCC current at 5v, first with the chip select pin low, and then with
      chip select pin high.

      All parts will have a VCC supply current of less than 1 milliamp with
      chip select high. But only the true CMOS parts will less than 1 milliamp
      supply current with chip select low.