Re: [cosmacelf] Pots and Switches

  • J.C. Wren
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
      Unless they're MEMS IC's.

      --
      --jc

      Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

    • randy129
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "ptodddecker" <ptdpublic@...> wrote:

        > Ouch, why do pots and switches have to cost so much?
        > Many times, they cost more than all the other components in
        > my project. Argh!

        Yeah, they can be pretty expensive from the "normal" electronics
        suppliers.

        I like to look at surplus places like:

        http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/products.asp?dept=1184

        or

        http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/730/Switches-Toggle/1.html

        or even Ebay.

        You can get a much better price, but the stock is always changing,
        so you might not be able to get exact same switch later.

        Randy
      • ptodddecker
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
          Man, these prices are great! Thank you for the links, I've added them to my personal wiki!!!