Re: [cosmacelf] Re: cheapest way to provide a 80x24 display

  • Chris Elmquist
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2009
      Apologies if this one was already discussed-- but I don't remember
      seeing it:

      http://www.brielcomputers.com/wik/index.php?title=PockeTerm

      I just ordered one to play with. No other affiliation expressed or implied :-)

      Chris
    • Andy Valencia
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2009
        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, Chris Elmquist <chrise@...> wrote:

        > http://www.brielcomputers.com/wik/index.php?title=PockeTerm
        > I just ordered one to play with. No other affiliation expressed or implied :-)

        I was wondering about mentioning this kit again (it was mentioned on this group a while back). I bought a couple and like the hardware very much. I wanted a more ANSI-centric feature set, and since it's open source I was able to cook up alternate firmware:

        http://www.vsta.org/ajvTerm/

        It's pretty neat to work with a chip with 8 parallel CPU's. Instead of using UART's and VGA display chips, they instead can dedicate CPU's to the time-critical tasks of wiggling output lines and decoding input lines.

        Andy
      • Robert L. Doerr
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2009
          I have an old video board that uses an old set of terminal chips for the
          display. It has two 40-pin DIP chips that I haven't seen before. They
          are SCN2673 and SCN2674 terminal display chips. Does anyone here have a
          datasheet for them or have a spare SCN2673 they would be willing to spare?

          Robert