Looking for manual for RCA COSMAC Micromonitor CDP 18S030

  • rhvintage
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 14, 2009
      Hello,
      I am looking for a users manual for the RCA COSMAC Micromonitor CDP
      18S030. Any other info would be greatly appeciated.
      below is some info I got on the web:

      Self-contained, powerful debugging tool for use with any system based
      on the CDP1802 Microprocessor. It permits in-circuit debugging in real
      time so that both hardware and software problems can be efficiently
      screened. The Micromonitor is interposed between the system under test
      and the system's CDP1802 CPU, giving the user control of both hardware
      interfaces and execution of the user program. The Micromonitor,
      although controlled by its
      own internal microprocessor, uses the microprocessor, power supply,
      clock, memory, and other components of the system under test to run the
      user progrm. Thus, it is not an emulator, but a monitor of system
      performance. It has been designed to induce a minimal effect on the
      system under test and provides a reliable measure of true system
      performance.
    • rileym65
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 15, 2009
        I might have this in my collection of RCA documentation, will check to
        night when I get home from work.
        Mike

        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "rhvintage" <rhvintage@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I am looking for a users manual for the RCA COSMAC Micromonitor CDP
        > 18S030. Any other info would be greatly appeciated.
        > below is some info I got on the web:
        >
        > Self-contained, powerful debugging tool for use with any system based
        > on the CDP1802 Microprocessor. It permits in-circuit debugging in real
        > time so that both hardware and software problems can be efficiently
        > screened. The Micromonitor is interposed between the system under test
        > and the system's CDP1802 CPU, giving the user control of both hardware
        > interfaces and execution of the user program. The Micromonitor,
        > although controlled by its
        > own internal microprocessor, uses the microprocessor, power supply,
        > clock, memory, and other components of the system under test to run the
        > user progrm. Thus, it is not an emulator, but a monitor of system
        > performance. It has been designed to induce a minimal effect on the
        > system under test and provides a reliable measure of true system
        > performance.

      • Rastam Hamid
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
          Hello, Mike,
          did you find the docs for the RCA COSMAC Micromonitor CDP 18S030 ?

          thanks for looking.

          Rastam

          I might have this in my collection of RCA documentation, will check to
          night when I get home from work.
          Mike

          --- In cosmacelf@yahoogrou ps.com, "rhvintage" <rhvintage@. ..> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > I am looking for a users manual for the RCA COSMAC Micromonitor CDP
          > 18S030. Any other info would be greatly appeciated.
          > below is some info I got on the web:
          >
          > Self-contained, powerful debugging tool for use with any system based
          > on the CDP1802 Microprocessor. It permits in-circuit debugging in real
          > time so that both hardware and software problems can be efficiently
          > screened. The Micromonitor is interposed between the system under test
          > and the system's CDP1802 CPU, giving the user control of both hardware
          > interfaces and execution of the user program. The Micromonitor,
          > although controlled by its
          > own internal microprocessor, uses the microprocessor, power supply,
          > clock, memory, and other components of the system under test to run the
          > user progrm. Thus, it is not an emulator, but a monitor of system
          > performance. It has been designed to induce a minimal effect on the
          > system under test and provides a reliable measure of true system
          > performance.

        • rileym65
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 22, 2009
            oooooooopppppppppppsssssssssssssss Sorry,,,,i got distracted and
            forgot to look,,,just made myself a note to check when I get home
            tonight....
            Mike

            --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, Rastam Hamid <rhvintage@...> wrote:

            > Hello, Mike,
            > did you find the docs for the RCA COSMAC Micromonitor CDP 18S030 ?
            >
            > thanks for looking.
            >
            > Rastam

            Micromonitor CDP 18S030
            > To: cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 5:54 PM
            >

            > I might have this in my collection of RCA documentation, will check to
            > night when I get home from work.
            > Mike
            >
            > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogrou ps.com, "rhvintage" <rhvintage@ ..> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello,
            > > I am looking for a users manual for the RCA COSMAC Micromonitor CDP
            > > 18S030. Any other info would be greatly appeciated.
            > > below is some info I got on the web:
            > >
            > > Self-contained, powerful debugging tool for use with any system based
            > > on the CDP1802 Microprocessor. It permits in-circuit debugging in
            real
            > > time so that both hardware and software problems can be efficiently
            > > screened. The Micromonitor is interposed between the system under
            test
            > > and the system's CDP1802 CPU, giving the user control of both
            hardware
            > > interfaces and execution of the user program. The Micromonitor,
            > > although controlled by its
            > > own internal microprocessor, uses the microprocessor, power supply,
            > > clock, memory, and other components of the system under test to
            run the
            > > user progrm. Thus, it is not an emulator, but a monitor of system
            > > performance. It has been designed to induce a minimal effect on the
            > > system under test and provides a reliable measure of true system
            > > performance.

          • rileym65
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 23, 2009
              Hello,
              Yes, I DO HAVE this manual, what do you actually need out of it??
              Mike

              --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, Rastam Hamid <rhvintage@...> wrote:

              > Hello, Mike,
              > did you find the docs for the RCA COSMAC Micromonitor CDP 18S030 ?
              >
              > thanks for looking.
              >
              > Rastam

            • Rastam Hamid
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 23, 2009
                Hello, Mike,
                I would like a copy of it or buy it from you.

                regards
                Rastam

                Yes, I DO HAVE this manual, what do you actually need out of it??
                Mike

                --- In cosmacelf@yahoogrou ps.com, Rastam Hamid <rhvintage@. ..> wrote:

                > Hello, Mike,
                > did you find the docs for the RCA COSMAC Micromonitor CDP 18S030 ?
                >
                > thanks for looking.
                >
                > Rastam

              • rileym65
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 23, 2009
                  I am not willing to sell it, would prefer to keep it in with the rest
                  of my extensive collection of 1802 related material, but can certainly
                  make you a copy. Contact me directly.

                • Rastam Hamid
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
                    Hello, Mike,
                    I have no idea how to email you directly since your email id is not in this post. Can you email me at rhvintage@... .
                    I am looking forward to getting a copy of this manual.

                    thanks

                    I am not willing to sell it, would prefer to keep it in with the rest
                    of my extensive collection of 1802 related material, but can certainly
                    make you a copy. Contact me directly.
                    Mike

                    --- In cosmacelf@yahoogrou ps.com, Rastam Hamid <rhvintage@. ..> wrote:

                    > Hello, Mike,
                    > I would like a copy of it or buy it from you.
                    >
                    > regards
                    > Rastam

                  • rileym65
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
                      Your email did not come out here. Email me at: mikehriley AT hotmail
                      DOT com