Anyone looking for some CDP1802ACE's?

  • wern1106
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2008
      I enquired not long ago about the availability of this device and
      received some useful replies.
      It is not a cheap device(for me at least), but I did some investigating
      and found a source for 35 of these devices. They are available at $15
      including postage to the United States.
      I hope that some of you out there might find this information useful.
    • et3400
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2009
        I'd be interested in getting two or three chips to build something,
        could you forward any information on the source? Thanks. Also of
        interest would be 1861's, but I'm not holding my breath. Thanks.

        Lee / et3400

        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "wern1106" <wern1106@...> wrote:

        > I enquired not long ago about the availability of this device and
        > received some useful replies.
        > It is not a cheap device(for me at least), but I did some
        investigating
        > and found a source for 35 of these devices. They are available at $15
        > including postage to the United States.
        > I hope that some of you out there might find this information useful.

      • Andrew Wasson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2009
          Hey Lee,
          You can find 1802's fairly regularly on EBay. A few years ago I noted
          quantities of more than 200 going in various auctions and EBay stores
          (I mentioned it to the group and stocked up at that time).

          Ray did a group buy for 1861's several years back and I think we
          picked up those up for $15 each. Thanks Ray! They also show up on EBay
          for about $35 - $45 each every now and again.

          1802's on EBay at the moment:
          Item number: 310111290801 (1806's - $14.75)
          Item number: 220265840988 (1802's $11.99)
          Item number: 220265841257 (1802's $11.99)
          Item number: 270240489958 (1802 $24.99)

          Cheers,
          Andrew

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2009
            Thanks for the info Andrew. I usually like to avoid Ebay if there is
            an alternative, but $12 is a reasonable price for the CPU. I'll watch
            for 1861 while I'm there.

            thanks,
            Lee

            --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Wasson" <andrew@...> wrote:

            > Hey Lee,
            > You can find 1802's fairly regularly on EBay. A few years ago I
            noted
            > quantities of more than 200 going in various auctions and EBay
            stores
            > (I mentioned it to the group and stocked up at that time).
            >
            > Ray did a group buy for 1861's several years back and I think we
            > picked up those up for $15 each. Thanks Ray! They also show up on
            EBay
            > for about $35 - $45 each every now and again.
            >
            > 1802's on EBay at the moment:
            > Item number: 310111290801 (1806's - $14.75)
            > Item number: 220265840988 (1802's $11.99)
            > Item number: 220265841257 (1802's $11.99)
            > Item number: 270240489958 (1802 $24.99)
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Andrew
            >
            > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "et3400" <et3400@> wrote:
            > >

            > > I'd be interested in getting two or three chips to build
            something,
            > > could you forward any information on the source? Thanks. Also of
            > > interest would be 1861's, but I'm not holding my breath. Thanks.
            > >
            > > Lee / et3400
            > >

            > > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "wern1106" <wern1106@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I enquired not long ago about the availability of this device
            and
            > > > received some useful replies.
            > > > It is not a cheap device(for me at least), but I did some
            > > investigating
            > > > and found a source for 35 of these devices. They are available
            at $15
            > > > including postage to the United States.
            > > > I hope that some of you out there might find this information
            useful.

          • sbirdasn
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
              Comments inline...
              [snip]
              --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "et3400" <et3400@...> wrote:
              > I'd be interested in getting two or three chips to build something,
              > Lee / et3400
              [/snip]

              How about some CDP1802BCDX's, date code 9045 (Harris)? They run full 5
              MHz @ 5V, ceramic package & have extended burn-in to ensure
              reliability. Want to send one into space? ;)

              I'll pretest them if you wish to make sure they work, but the ones I
              tried seemed just fine to me. They are new old stock, though a couple
              may have been out of the tube at one point to look at, based on a bent
              pin or two in one of my tubes of 1802B CPU's.

              [snip]
              > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "wern1106" <wern1106@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I enquired not long ago about the availability of this device and
              > > received some useful replies.
              > > It is not a cheap device(for me at least), but I did some
              > investigating
              > > and found a source for 35 of these devices. They are available at $15
              > > including postage to the United States.
              [/snip]

              Is that each? If so, ouch!

              I'll sell small qty's-- 1-5 for say, $7 each, so qty three for less
              than $25 including shipping, properly insured, etc.

              Budget minded cost for singles would be <$10 delivered if I choose
              lowest postage method.

              No gouging on the shipping, exact mailing costs only, no BS.

              Contact me off list if anyone is interested.

              I'd rather that these extras go to good homes where they will live
              good lives in some ELF-like device munching clock cycles for a kindly
              master than get sold through flea-bay at exorbitant rates.

              Sbirdasn.