cassette program saving

  • cosmac43
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8 9:33 PM
      I would need the schematic for cassette interface or diskette or hard
      disk with the op code compiled that go with it.

      thanks
    • ted_rossin
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11 10:21 AM
        There was an old Popular Electronics article from either the lates
        1970's or early 1980's that had the schematic and hex code for a
        program to write and read audio tapes. I built and used it in the
        early 1980's and it still works today. I think someone has scanned
        all the articles and posted them in the Files section.

        I created a device that emulates a cassette recorder with the help of
        a modern computer so that I could get the bits into a more modern
        format. I have a link on this page to it:

        http://www.geocities.com/ted_rossin/Electronics/RCA/RCA.html

        Just scroll down past the news and click on Cassette Interface under
        the heading All Projects.

        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "cosmac43" <cosmac43@...> wrote:

        > I would need the schematic for cassette interface or diskette or
        hard
        > disk with the op code compiled that go with it.
        >
        > thanks

      • Steve Gemeny
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11 12:40 PM
          Way back in - well it may have been 2001 or 2002 there were several
          of us who were trying to resurrect an old copy of Super Basic. We
          had an original cassette tape but it wasn't loading. An electronic
          version of the file (.WAV) was circulated and one of the team
          (CDP1861 I think) developed a PC based application that would read
          and write between audio format .WAV files and binary files.

          As I remember from that effort, there were subtle differences
          between the formats used for Quest Super ELF, Newtronics ELF II and
          other implementations of the cassette interface. I recall the Elf
          Tools utility (located in the files section under CDP1861) was
          compatible with all formats and then some.

          Depending on your mission you may want to check it out. It could
          save you some time.

          All the best,
          Steve

          --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "ted_rossin" <ted_rossin@...>