Re: Which Elf-like to build?

  • poe.toaster
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 23, 2008
      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "saturn5tony" <saturn5tony@...> wrote:

      > Hi poe,
      > So what design are you going to build? Your own, the ELF2000 or the
      > origianl ELF?
      >
      > -Tony
      > (CO)mplementary (S)ilicon (M)et(A)l oxide (C)onductor

      Tony,

      Not sure yet. The elf2000 seems to be a very "modern" machine and something that I'd
      probably spend alot of time with. The original is fun in the sense that it envokes nostalgic
      feelings even though I was born in '81 ;) I don't have access to an EEPROM-programmer so
      ordering ELF2000 pcb + a rom is tempting. I have located alot of different schematics on
      the net for different ELVES - no PCB do. My dad is really enthuastic about the project and
      says that he will help me(he's a electronics guy with his own scope, good soldering
      equipment, UV PCB etcher etc) but he says I should locate a PCB first so that we can use
      that insted of soldering wires all over the place.

      Anyone know of any free PCB images?

      So to answer your question Tony I am thinking of building something closer to the ELF II
      since it has a hex keyboard. I know many opcodes in hex for the 1802 but I have a hard
      time toggling it in using binary switches.