Re: Which Elf-like to build?

  • saturn5tony
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 23, 2008
      Hi poe,
      So what design are you going to build? Your own, the ELF2000 or the
      origianl ELF?

      -Tony
      (CO)mplementary (S)ilicon (M)et(A)l oxide (C)onductor

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "poe.toaster" <poe.toaster@...> wrote:

      > I received the cdp1802ace yesterday. Just waiting for some other
      components before I start
      > constructing.
      >
      > To be continued...

    • poe.toaster
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 23, 2008
        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "saturn5tony" <saturn5tony@...> wrote:

        > Hi poe,
        > So what design are you going to build? Your own, the ELF2000 or the
        > origianl ELF?
        >
        > -Tony
        > (CO)mplementary (S)ilicon (M)et(A)l oxide (C)onductor

        Tony,

        Not sure yet. The elf2000 seems to be a very "modern" machine and something that I'd
        probably spend alot of time with. The original is fun in the sense that it envokes nostalgic
        feelings even though I was born in '81 ;) I don't have access to an EEPROM-programmer so
        ordering ELF2000 pcb + a rom is tempting. I have located alot of different schematics on
        the net for different ELVES - no PCB do. My dad is really enthuastic about the project and
        says that he will help me(he's a electronics guy with his own scope, good soldering
        equipment, UV PCB etcher etc) but he says I should locate a PCB first so that we can use
        that insted of soldering wires all over the place.

        Anyone know of any free PCB images?

        So to answer your question Tony I am thinking of building something closer to the ELF II
        since it has a hex keyboard. I know many opcodes in hex for the 1802 but I have a hard
        time toggling it in using binary switches.