Spare Time Gizmo's COSMAC Elf 2000 ?

  • W. Charles Alexander
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2007
      Has anyone recently purchased one of these?

      I might consider this.

      Thanks,

      Charlie Alexander
    • Andrew Wasson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 24, 2007
        Hi Charles,
        I've got one along with a bunch of other 8-bit micros, including 4
        Super Elf's (Two working, Two in restoration).

        The ELF 2000 is pretty cool. It is quite expandable and can even run a
        disk operating system too. (more on that here:
        http://www.elf-emulation.com/) Bob, the creator of the Elf 2000 is a
        member of this group and if you look through the threads, you can find
        a lot of info from others who have purchased/built them.

        Mine is pretty much rock stock but one of these days I'll finish
        renovating our house and be able to add all of the goodies including
        the universal expansion card, flash disk and keyboard & video card. In
        the meantime I can and have used the toggles to program or more often
        I use Tera Term Pro to talk to it with my PC.

        There are quite a few of these running around here so I expect you'll
        hear from others too.

        Andrew

        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "W. Charles Alexander" <w8wca@...>
        wrote:

        > Has anyone recently purchased one of these?
        >
        > I might consider this.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >

        > Charlie Alexander

      • rileym65
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 24, 2007
          I have one of them, and I highly recomend it!!
          Mike
          (www.elf-emulation.com)

          wrote:

          > Has anyone recently purchased one of these?
          >
          > I might consider this.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >

          > Charlie Alexander

        • Robert Armstrong
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 24, 2007
            >Has anyone recently purchased one of these?

            You might want to ask this question on the Spare Time Gizmos Yahoo! group
            instead.

            Bob Armstrong