LINK2

  • rileym65
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2007
      To those who are interested,
      I finally got around to making an initial version of LINK2. This
      linker is designed for use with ASM2 and will take ASM2 .OBJ files and
      create Elf/OS executables. This version of the linker is quite
      primitive and will only process a single object file and place its
      output into a file A.OUT. Future versions of this linker will support
      multiple object files as well as object library support.
      The ASM2/LINK2 combination provides a more usable assembler than
      the one that comes with Elf/OS. The Elf/OS assembler is an in-memory
      assembler and therefore is restricted on what can be assembled, ASM2
      is an on-disk assembler and can therefore assemble programs destined
      for any address. The ultimate goal of this assembler/linker is to
      provide a full function 1802 assembler capable of assembling the
      Elf/OS kernel as well as any of my other 1802 projects within Elf/OS.
      This pair or programs is also an important part of my pascal and c
      projects, both of which produce assembly source.
      Both ASM2 and LINK2 are available from my website on the software page.

      Mike