Emulator Version 2.6

  • rileym65
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 3, 2007
      For anybody who is interested,
      I have released version 2.6 of my emulator. The following changes
      have been made:

      1. More bug fixes in the CDP1869/70 emulation
      2. Scaling has been added to the CDP1869/70 mode
      3. A couple more bugs in the ComX-35 mode have been fixed
      4. A mode for emulating the Cidelsa arcade games has been added (You
      must get your own roms, i will not provide those)
      5. Performance improvements have been made in the CDP1869/70 emulation.

      As usual, the sources are available on my website. The Windows
      binary has NOT been updated, if somebody would like to build the
      windows binary and send it to me, then I could post, otherwise I have
      no way to build it.
      Mike
    • William McKee
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 3, 2007
        rileym65,

        I have VS 6, 2003, 2005 and CYGWIN. I'm willing to compile it for
        you. Contact me at wamckee@... I also have a Intel and PPC Mac
        (OS X 10.4.9) + XCode 2.3.

        Regards,
        Will McKee.

        On 3-Apr-07, at 12:58 PM, rileym65 wrote:

        For anybody who is interested,
        I have released version 2.6 of my emulator. The following changes
        have been made:

        1. More bug fixes in the CDP1869/70 emulation
        2. Scaling has been added to the CDP1869/70 mode
        3. A couple more bugs in the ComX-35 mode have been fixed
        4. A mode for emulating the Cidelsa arcade games has been added (You
        must get your own roms, i will not provide those)
        5. Performance improvements have been made in the CDP1869/70 emulation.

        As usual, the sources are available on my website. The Windows
        binary has NOT been updated, if somebody would like to build the
        windows binary and send it to me, then I could post, otherwise I have
        no way to build it.
        Mike

        - - - - - - - - - -
        William A. McKee <william@...>
        Asia Communication Quebec Inc.
        http://www.cjkware.com
      • ted_rossin
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 3, 2007
          > As usual, the sources are available on my website. The Windows
          > binary has NOT been updated, if somebody would like to build the
          > windows binary and send it to me, then I could post, otherwise I have
          > no way to build it.
          > Mike

          What is the address of your web site?
        • rileym65
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 3, 2007
            http://www.elf-emulation.com/

            --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "ted_rossin" <ted_rossin@...> wrote:

            > > As usual, the sources are available on my website. The Windows
            > > binary has NOT been updated, if somebody would like to build the
            > > windows binary and send it to me, then I could post, otherwise I have
            > > no way to build it.
            > > Mike
            > >

            > What is the address of your web site?

          • Andrew Wasson
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 10, 2007
              Hey Mike,
              I tried you're regular email but it might have been blocked. Anyway,
              I've downloaded the SRC and tried to make it on my laptop but it
              doesn't want to compile. Are there any switches I should be using with
              make to compile?

              BTW, I'm using Ubuntu 6.1 (Debian) on the laptop if it matters.

              Thanks,
              Andrew

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
                Andrew,
                Do you have my librcs installed? that is required to compile the
                emulator. If so, then what error messages are you getting??? Which
                email address did you try?? the hotmail one seems to be working fine.
                Mike

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 13, 2007
                  Hey Mike I used the link to your email address on your site. It was
                  the hotmail account.

                  I've got the tools and it looks like they made and installed
                  correctly. I didn't see any errors.

                  When I try to make the src, I get the following:
                  oem@ubuntu:~/Desktop/src$ make
                  gcc -DX -DUNIX -O3 -Wall -c main.c
                  main.c: In function `writeMem':
                  main.c:208: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
                  data type
                  main.c:218: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
                  data type
                  main.c: In function `readMem':
                  main.c:243: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
                  data type
                  main.c: In function `runMachine':
                  main.c:546: error: `EVENT_QUIT' undeclared (first use in this function)
                  main.c:546: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
                  main.c:546: error: for each function it appears in.)
                  main.c:549: error: `EVENT_CLOSE' undeclared (first use in this function)
                  make: *** [main.o] Error 1
                  oem@ubuntu:~/Desktop/src$

                  Any idea?

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 13, 2007
                    Andrew,
                    From what i have found out, hotmail has been having problems
                    lately...let me take a look at what these errors could be and will get
                    back to in a bit.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 13, 2007
                      Andrew,
                      For starters, line 208, 218, and 243 look like there is a problem
                      with the definition of a word....which should be an unsdigned 2 byte
                      quantity. You might need to check what it thinks it is on your
                      system. still looking at the others...

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 13, 2007
                        Andrew,
                        The other errors appear to be from an outdated version of librcs.
                        I have posted the most recent version on my site, you should get that
                        and then try again.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 13, 2007
                          Thanks for looking into this Mike.

                          I thought I had the latest librcs but went your site to download it
                          again and found that I can't. The link goes to an error no permissions
                          page.

                          I had a look at the Makefile and the definition for the path won't
                          work on my system:
                          LIBPATH = -L/usr/X11/lib

                          I don't have a /usr/X11, I have a /usr/X11R6

                          I changed it in the Makefile but it didn't change the results.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 16, 2007
                            Andrew,
                            I have fixed the permissions on the website, you should be able to
                            download the library file now.

                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 16, 2007
                              Thanks Mike,
                              I'll give it another whirl after work.