Re: Muller Labs 30th Anniversary COSMAC ELF

  • supertrone_1999
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2007
      The Muller labs 30th board has the genuine HP displays not TIL311s I
      sold it on ebay because there is no way to expand the computer without
      desoldering components so all you can really do with it is blink the Q
      Led, it was fun to play with for awhile but as has been pointed out I
      have plenty of ELF components at my disposal so I have moved on. The
      fellow who produced these had some very good circuit recreations on
      his web-page but the site is now off line, would be helpful to the
      fellow who wants the wire-wrap listing, I'll try to find the files and
      post them to the group.

      Nathan Trone
    • Andrew Wasson
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13, 2007
        Hey Nathan,
        Sorry to confuse you with the maker of the Muller Labs Elf. I should
        have known anyone with some Elf stuff would also have a large enough
        stock of parts to sell kits as well. I know I do (much to my wife's
        chagrin) :-]

        I wondered if there were expansion possibilities with the Muller Labs
        Elf. That's too bad. It looks like it was well put together though.

        Andrew

        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "supertrone_1999" <supertrone@...>
        wrote:

        > The Muller labs 30th board has the genuine HP displays not TIL311s I
        > sold it on ebay because there is no way to expand the computer without
        > desoldering components so all you can really do with it is blink the Q
        > Led, it was fun to play with for awhile but as has been pointed out I
        > have plenty of ELF components at my disposal so I have moved on. The
        > fellow who produced these had some very good circuit recreations on
        > his web-page but the site is now off line, would be helpful to the
        > fellow who wants the wire-wrap listing, I'll try to find the files and
        > post them to the group.
        >
        > Nathan Trone

      • supertrone_1999
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 19, 2007
          I've found the link to Muller labs:
          http://www.mullerlab.com/about.html
          looks long deserted
          I've also uploaded the schematics that came on disk with the machine.
        • Andrew Wasson
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 19, 2007
            Indeed that looks like the site!

            If I read that correctly it went up Feb 28th 2006 which is a little
            while ago but.... I've got a few project domains myself that haven't
            done anything in several years so who am I to criticize. At least this
            individual has the beginnings of a site even it if is a little stale.

            The only problem I have is that the pricing seems a bit steep on the
            finished project. If you were to compare the cost of building one wire
            wrap or going for an advanced one. You can certainly get your hands on
            the parts for a wire wrap PE ELF for a fraction of that. Bob's ELF2K
            kit (highly recommended) goes for $250. I even noticed the guy who
            built "Magic I" (TTL 16 Bit Computer) has an ELF2K :-]