ELF tape interface

  • ray_po
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2006
      I am looking for a cassette tape interface circuit to add to my ELF. I
      am running TMSI tiny basic. Anyone?
    • Al W,
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2006
        Hi Ray!

        I still use cassette tape with my elves and it's hard to beat the circuit in the RCA VIP
        Instruction Manual. You can download it from this group files and on page 43 is a
        schematic.

        The VIP manual is very handy for any Elf experimenter. They used an RCA CA 3401 quad
        op amp. I didn't see the CA 3401 in the Jameco catalog but there may be a very good
        substitution that someone else could suggest. My RCA linear data books have been
        missing since we moved a year ago.

        Al Winfrey

        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "ray_po" <ray_po@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for a cassette tape interface circuit to add to my ELF. I
        > am running TMSI tiny basic. Anyone?

      • ted_rossin
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2 9:25 AM
          LM3900 works as well. There is a March 1978 issue of Popular
          Electronics with the schematic that is the same as the VIP except that
          it uses a different instance of the op-amp. To match the Popular
          Electronics circuit, use pin 6 instead of 8, 1 instead of 13 and 5
          instead of 9. The VIP pins will work as well since there are 4 op-
          amps in the package. They just choose to use a different set of two.