Re: 1802 Intersil Package types.

  • sncf141r
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2002
      > "Best" for what purpose?

      For wire-wrapping, using sockets, and for 5v operation. I was unsure
      what the different package names meant; I had forgotten about ceramic
      packaging.

      Thanks for the reply;

      JohnS.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2002
        sncf141r wrote:
        > Can anyone tell me which "CDP1802" is the best one? I'm referring to
        > the package types; Intersil has packages E40.6 and D40.6; PDIP and
        > SBDIP; some burnt in, others not.

        "Best" for what purpose?

        The black plastic package is the cheapest. But, it has a narrower range
        of temperatures it can operate at, and is not hermetically sealed
        (moisture can s-l-o-w-l-y leak thru the case and ruin the chip).

        The ceramic packages with the metal lid are expensive, but hermetically
        sealed and can operate over the entire military temperature range.

        Beyond that, the chips are all the same inside. They just do different
        amounts of testing. For example, if the part works at 10v, they marked
        it 1802CD. If it only worked to 5v, they marked it 1802CE. Likewise for
        different temperature ranges.
        --
        Lee A. Hart Ring the bells that still can ring
        814 8th Ave. N. Forget your perfect offering